1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD G&L ASAT Black w Pearl Inlay Decals

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kevin McKee, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin McKee

Kevin McKee Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Price Drop - [DEL]$750[/DEL]- $699 shipped CONUS w OHSC

I bought this recently from another TB’er. I do neck repairs, refrets and setups and was looking for a project. I assumed that this one was going to need a fret board level and full refret. It did not. I received it in unplayable condition. Frets were popped up all over the fingerboard and sticking out in some places. The fingerboard itself measured level. All I had to do was glue and clamp all of the frets. Crown, level, polish, and dress the frets and do a set up.

It plays beautifully now! The ASAT neck is slim and feels great. The frets are dressed and smooth on the ends. The preamp is very powerful.

The previous owner hand made the strap extender out of ΒΌ” aluminum. It works perfectly, looks great and is a great very hard to find addition. The strap button in the pictures will not be included but the screw and nut that hold the button will be there for you to install your own.

The finish is near perfect on the top. The back has a few scratches but nothing too terrible. No buckle rash. Some of the hardware shows a little wear but nothing too bad. The price reflects the imperfections.

I installed the pearl inlay decal kit. I think it looks really cool. Even the knobs have paw prints. If you don’t like it you can just remove it or I can, at your request. The decals don’t hurt the bass or hinder the playing at all and look just like inlay. I had 3 people come up to me this weekend to examine and all thought it was real pearl inlay.

I played 2 gigs with the bass this weekend and it did great. If you’re looking for an ASAT this one is a steal.

IMG_0138.

IMG_0139.

IMG_0140.

IMG_0141.

IMG_0142.

IMG_0143.

IMG_0144.

2. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    BUMP WOW that is nice looking .. interested in Trades?

3. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Trade interests are MM Sting Ray, Sterling or Bongo

4. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I'm starting to dig this bass.

5. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    bump

6. lorino

lorino

Oct 23, 2004
    Denver, CO
    PM sent.

7. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Price Drop to $699

8. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Bmp

9. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Tampa Florida
    WEIGHT AND WIDTH AT THE NUT>?

10. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Weight- On my non-scientific scale it looks like between 8 and 9lbs. 9 at most.
    Nut- 1.5"

11. wango55

wango55

Dec 21, 2011
    CT
    PM'ed.

12. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    SOLD

Thread Status: