Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L ASAT, MIM Fretless jazz, aguilar, mesa boogie

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bollefen, Nov 27, 2004.

1. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    Hi all,

After shoulder reconstruction followed by spinal surgery i'm out of the game, for good :bawl:

selling all my bass stuff

G&L ASAT black w/ blue burst, blond neck, rosewood fb. some corrosion on pickups (damp hands) no effect on sound, otheerwise excellent cond. TI Flats, no case $600

Fender Jazz Fretless MIM Black white pickguard, TI Flats. excellent condition no case $250

Mesa Boogie Walkabout, pristine. $600

Aguilar GS 112, pristine. original box $350

all prices plus shipping

in fairfield ct for anyone local

will make good package deals prefer to sell to a member otherwise ebarf next week!

thanks for looking

bill

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Oh man, I was shocked when I read this. I feel really sorry for you.... hopefully you'll sell this stuff for those prices. Bump for a shoulder-victim!

Please keep enjoying the music....

(If I hadn't spend all my money yet, I would have bought the Mesa and Aguilar right away)

3. kdsi44

kdsi44

Oct 18, 2004
    is the mesa just the head or the combo version??

4. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    i used the aguilar for a speaker

bill

5. riverbush

riverbush

Jun 30, 2002
    any pics of the ASAT?

6. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    will have pics of all available sometime tomorrow (sunday 11/28)

7. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    First of all...I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe in the future, after healing and therapy, you'll be able to play again. I had lower back surgery two years ago, for the first few months of gigging I used a Gracie stand ( commonly used by guitarists for acoustic) because I couldn't hang a bass off my shoulder. Good luck. onto the instruments.....
    The fretless Mexican J : is the fretboard in good shape ? Is the action low? and, is the body/paint in good shape ?

8. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    pristine fb and finish.

re playing again, severe injury broke my shoulder and tore the joint off 30 years ago, military injury. semi healed then recently reinjured, 100% rotator cuff tear, 3 ruptured ligaments, rebroke shoulder, 90% labral tear (joint torn from ribcage again) held together with screws staples rivets and permanent stitches.

significant loos of range of motion and the ruptured ligament make it near impossible to lift my arm to reach the end of the neck and keep it there.

thanks for the thoughts though.

b

9. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    Yikes...that's alot of damage! Sorry again....Hey man, stevie Wonder, Jan Hammer, Greg Phillinganes :amazing keyboard bassists...a possibility....?
    I'll Pm you about taking that Mexi Fretless off your hands.

10. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    Hello,
    I tried to PM you, but your box is full. Please let me know if the Fretless is still availble. Thanks.

11. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    please resend any messages

all items still available

bill

12. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    i can email pics of ASAT or Jazz

b

13. I shot ya an email about the ASAT and the Aguilar. Just making sure you received it. You can either PM me or send an email at chris@oksoda.com

Maybe it's just me being careful, but "all prices plus shipping" means "all prices include shipping," right? Just making sure.

14. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    plus shipping means shipping not included, will advise shipping cost based on your location

bill

15. Tajimodo

Tajimodo

Feb 1, 2004
    Shrewsbury, MA
    Sorry to hear about your situation-I went through something similar a few years ago (though no where as bad)

Bummer and I wish you all the best!!

If still available can you email photos of the ASAT to
    tajimodo@yahoo.com

Jazz, or precision neck?

Thanks

16. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    did take them sorry i didn't send them all out. to top everything else i just got fired tuesday so had to clean out my workspce.

will get pics to all asap, hopefully tonight

b