Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L ASAT with gold hardware LOOKIE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Dec 17, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. All I can say is wow. Gold is a good match with that finish.

3. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Yup... That is an amazing one-of-a-kind bass!

I wonder how bad the neck dive is on a fiver ASAT though...

Absolutely gorgeous though!

Cheers,
    Chris

4. The fact that it's a fiver makes it a real collectors item, as there's never been to my knowledge a production ASAT 5 string.

5. that's amazing, G&L does great custom work.

6. i like the gold pole pieces. that really brings it all together with the finish and the binding. man, that is a gorgeous bass.

robb.

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Usually never a fan of gold hardware, but that is beautiful and it totally goes with that finish on the body.

If I was to get an ASAT 5'er, it would be like that with black hardware and a blueburst finish....Same fingerboard though.

8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I agree with jraj. I have never liked gold hardware on any bass but with that finish it looks great! What a gorgeous neck! :cool:

9. Czar

Czar

May 6, 2003
    New Jersey
    Wow, they even got the polepieces gold...

10. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately G&L doesn't offer black hardware. Which is a shame. I would love an all black fretless with Labella Tapewounds :D

11. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Anyone have any idea what they're selling that thing for. I think it's really cool, you can fix 90% of the neck dive issue by using the right strap.

12. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Its gotta be like ATLEAST $2000. I doubt they'd do more than a 1k markdown. I'd call and ask but they don't open until noon, their time. If I get a chance I'll post it in here.

*EDIT*

I just remembered they're having a sale until Dec. 31st so by that I'd think maybe $1800 its going for..which sounds about right. The base model is around $1200..$300 for the gold hardware plus upgrades for the neck, top and binding...yea $1800-$2000 is probably around the area.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    i know, it was more of voicing my pipedream outloud... They do have an amazing blueburst though! I guess silver/chrome hardware is fine.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Anyone know how to price the G&L options? I am thinking of an L2500, with birdseye maple board, gunbarrel tint and transparent color with matching headstock. The G&L website has no pricing info whatsoever, and I don't have a G&L dealer within 300 miles.

15. I forgot that we already talked about this bass on the Dudepit. :) Like many I'm not a huge fan of gold hardware, but I think it depends on the type of plating and the finish of the bass.

G&L does an amazing job with gold hardware. It's *real* gold plating and they even do the polepieces, which is very neat. But is it worth the extra $300? Well, if you like gold that much then sure (materials probably cost at least half that price). But as I said, I'm not THAT huge of a fan.

Someone should really pick up that ASAT fiver though.

16. You can call up Buffalo Bros. or Bass NW and they should be able to get you a quote on it. I think that's who most people called.

In fact, Buffalo Bros. has pricing options on their website:

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/options.htm

17. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Believe me if I had $1800+ and wasn't in bass buying rehab..I'd take that immediately :)