1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade G&L Climax

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Jan 9, 2019.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Hey Y'all,

After having a lot of trouble the last year or so finding skinny necked G&Ls that agreed with my sensitive wrists and were light enough for me I've ended up with more than I need. All 4 are different models and I have definite preferences sound-wise, so here's the one on the block:

G&L Climax
    - emerald blue finish
    - great #6 neck (rw board)
    - lightweight at 8.8lbs

The condition is plenty of wear. Some chips/dings/cuts and a slight crack behind the middle knob. The non-G&L molded case has some broken feet, stickers, and spray paint. It's a great playing, well used bass.

$700 shipped CONUS - significantly cheaper if you pick it up from me in Houston for cash :)

trades:
    - a Trib SB2 that's light enough (<=8.75lbs)
    - fretless SB2 with 1.5" nut width satin neck <=8.75lbs
    - maybe a US SB1/SB2/LB100 (<=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck)
    - maybe a US L2K (<=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck)
    - maybe a US or Trib JB2 (<=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck)
    - Eastwood tenor guitar (Warren Ellis 2P or Astrojet hardtail)
    - Audiokinesis 1506 or 1505

I'd also trade bodies for a lightweight 3-bolt SB1 (1st or 2nd gen), SB2 (1st or 2nd gen), Lynx, L2K, L1K -- the neck on the Climax is good, it's just not a tone I'll use much. I am thinking about a pickup & a router but will only go that route (no pun intended) if it doesn't sell.

that's all I can think of. I've got every bass I need and then some and my amp setup is plenty . . . I'm working from home tomorrow so I'll try to get some pics up
    ebclimax2019-02.JPG

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    Raw N Low and jackn1202 like this.
  2. craigb

hmmm . . . swapped strings with my recently acquired SB2 in preparation for heading out at some point and I'm digging it much more. Shows that strings can really make a difference. Much more on the fence about keeping or not - but will take some pics this weekend anyway

handofseven likes this.
  3. craigb

OK, yeah I like it better with these strings, but the new-to-me SB2 is me and I like my L1K and Trib JB2 better than the Climax, tonally, so it can go.

Here are my pics including the 4 most significant dings/flaws I can find on it.

ebclimax2019-01.JPG
    ebclimax2019-01.JPG ebclimax2019-02.JPG ebclimax2019-03.JPG ebclimax2019-04.JPG ebclimax2019-05.JPG ebclimax2019-flaw-01.JPG ebclimax2019-flaw-02.JPG ebclimax2019-flaw-03.JPG ebclimax2019-flaw-04.JPG

Raw N Low, mikewalker and bdgotoh like this.
  4. craigb

You know, looking at those pics I think there's more green to it than is showing up. I mean next to the lake placid blue SB2 I recently got the Climax is definitely blue-green, not just blue. I'll try to grab a side-by-side with the blue bass tonight.