1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L Club Part 7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Dec 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. armyadarkness

armyadarkness Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    My buzz is fueled from 100% coffee. I've always burned off all of my energy working with tools, out in the field, but now that I am the boss, I have to do it with a keyboard.

2. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
    That's about $7/year.... Very consistent for years per set.

bonin in the boneyard likes this.
  3. nitrobrother

nitrobrother Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Scottsdale, AZ
    OK, I'll jump on the OT bandwagon, too...I bleed Ford blue, and thanks for that Twister Special in the lower left! A KC District build...

Kriegs likes this.
  4. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    @Kriegs This is an absolutely stellar description. Now to clean my desk, thankfully I missed the keyboard this time.

audreycashin, BassPilot and Kriegs like this.
  5. Kriegs

Kriegs Imperator of the Enclave of the Fifth Order Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Thanks! I'm here all week. Try the veal! :roflmao:

and send the cleaning bill to @armyadarkness :thumbsup:

armybass, audreycashin and Mktrat like this.
  6. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    This just in from the G&L Newsmaker Hotline!

A still photo captured from video security footage from @armyadarkness 's compound, showing why he has been so quiet today:

upload_2018-5-16_14-45-52.

dave64o, jmlee, R&B and 3 others like this.
  7. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    Looks like the Caca for Coo Coo Puffs bird. I would like that sparkly bass, but not be able to play it :(:(

8. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    This came up in another thread today GLGuard.

osv, dave64o, jmlee and 5 others like this.
  9. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    drool drool drool
    As much as I dislike basses with pickguards, that middle one is stunning!

grouse789 and bassbenj like this.
  10. Luigir

Luigir

Mar 15, 2018
    I really really like the L2000 with the pickguard.

11. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Sure you could little buckaroo! You could just use that mean old fifth string to rest your little thumb on. There, now isn't that better? :thumbsup: It's just like coach taught you in Tee-ball: "Choke up on the bat until you can hit the ball like a big boy."

:):D:laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

12. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    This pic came from the "ridiculous bass collection" thread but has been posted here before in the G&L pickguard thread. Idea is pickguards are just stuck on with double-sided tape and can be put on or off at will or switched from one bass to another. My latest version has both blueburst basses (USA Fretted and fretless L2500) now are with the same swirly guard like the center one and I'm ordering (please forgive me because I have sinned) a Tort one for the natural (tribby).

Latest tweak is I've stuck them on with a sandwich of tape. Starts with white paper "artists tape" that does not stick really hard and then on it's back is double-sided carpet tape (which stick like mad. (stick the carpet tape to the guards and artist side to the bass so you don't have to deal with sticky goo when switching guards or taking them off. I just make 4 circles of tape for the corners of each guard. Works like a champ!

wmmj, TinIndian, Kriegs and 1 other person like this.
  13. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    I know it I know it was up here before, but I reposted it because I make pg's, and @Mammoth_Bass was looking to add a pg to a non pg G&L

Mammoth_Bass likes this.
  14. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Hello G&L Club,

I have a question. I have someone who wants to trade me a USA L2500 but he does not have the certificate. Is that something I should worry about? Can I get a new one from G&L?

Thanks

Shaun

15. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    It depends on when it was made. See the details here: Replacement Specifications sheet (build sheet)

16. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I’m not sure when certificates began, but it’s relatively recently. My ‘98 L2500 never had a certificate, though it was brand new. Ya can’t play a certificate ;). Dunno if G&L issues “retros”.

armyadarkness and pjbassist like this.
  17. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    armyadarkness likes this.
  18. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    If you want the bass, then I wouldn't care about the certificate... assuming the bass has no issues. But if you see something funny about the bass, and it was made during a time in which certificates were issued, then try to get the cert from G&L.

Although "very cool", the certificate is largely just case candy and not necessary. It's only a big help when either trying to duplicate a build or, when authenticity is in question... and even then, it's simply an aid.

19. Based on nearby serial numbers in the registry, that would be a 2005.

You won't be able to get a build sheet, but you can still get a Certificate.

Glazenn and pjbassist like this.
  20. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    Atlantic City NJ
    good point. I was considering the two to be part of the same package. i don't know if Op is only interested in the certificate versus the build sheet