1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Custom Shop? Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by red7flag, May 13, 2018.

1. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    As there are no dealers in my area and the JB-100s I've seen not with the options I want, am considering the custom shop. I assume workmanship is really solid. How is price and turn around time. Thanks in advance.

2. keto

keto

Mar 3, 2016
    Edmonton
    28DE445B-83C2-4019-8B7A-77ED057BBA1A.jpeg 28DE445B-83C2-4019-8B7A-77ED057BBA1A.jpeg It just got announced, I’m not aware of any Custom Shop bass having been delivered yet. Maybe ask in the Rocket Music section, he (Greg?) is very well Informed on G&L.

EDIT to add that, last summer I ordered a pretty off the map custom L2000 and was 14 weeks to the dealer

Warhawk likes this.
  3. JeffJ2112

JeffJ2112

Apr 17, 2016
    Nowhere Indiana
    drool

Warhawk likes this.
  4. Holy moly that is simply stunning Keto! I'm feeling the need for a red sparkle SB2! With matching headstock. But for now my old L2K will have to do.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  5. Hey red7flag the production G&L instruments I've seen and the special order one I own are all beautifully made. G&L Custom Shop should be even nicer, but I don't see how! LOL

6. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    Just curious, why has there not been more traction with G&L Instruments? From what I read here and other online souces, the product is ourstanding? The marketing, maybe?

7. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    can someone order directly from the custom shop or does there have to be a middle man? id rather not deal with a 3rd party who can just confuse things more when passing on information. i want to speak directly with the people making my bass...

XtraFancy likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021