1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L El Toro-1984 NAMM Show-LIGHT!-Canada/ US 48

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by El Tookay, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Sometimes you'ze da windshield, sometimes, you'ze da bug.....84 El Toro, natural ash, rosewood board, black headstock,summer 84 NAMM show piece. I don't have an accurate scale, but it is for sure under 9 lbs, definitely the lightest Toro I've had. 1-11/16ths at the nut, thin depth all the way up, preamp is frightening when on, all electronics work as they should. Full disclosure- there is a hairline crack in the fingerboard just above the truss rod bullet that runs for about 1/2 of an inch (stable and solid, does not affect the truss rod). There is a bunch of slap-scars under the strings on the body (listen to the bass, and you'll know why!), some miscellaneous dings, mostly minor, one good hit the size of a pencil eraser, and one of the screws on the bridge is missing it's head.

Now, as stated, the preamp is 100%, and sounds better than the three other Toro's I've owned-deeper, clearer and more headroom. Pickups are 100%, no funny business in the control cavity, harness untouched, switches solid, tuners work fine, no truss rod issues, neck plays great, lots of meat on the frets, still has the small gold-foil sticker on the neck plate. This one has been seriously played, but from 2 feet away, looks like a case queen.

This one was once owned by Dave/ bassvirtuoso, and is the brother of the one that GaryLC sold. Shipped in a generic TKL-ish hardshell case anywhere in Canada and the US 48. AK and HI, might have to add a bit. Paypal only, US shipping will be FedEx Ground. Yours for $850...

*edit- that's $850 shipped.

Attached Files:

2. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    More pic's...

Attached Files:

3. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    more,,,

Attached Files:

4. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    last two...

Attached Files:

5. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    pm's replied...

The hairline 'crack' looks like it started in the grain of the rosewood cap, rather than any stress, and it's stable. Actual length is 1/2 inch, description modified to reflect.

I reserve the right to come to my senses......

6. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Get up......
    Get on up.....

7. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Get on the scene....

8. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Come to your senses. Because I don't have the money to buy this bass. :D

9. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    G&L Love Bump. I am up to 3 and would love to make it 4, but that's just crazy talk.

g/l with the sale!

10. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Weekend "Nobody pick up on the James Brown reference?" bump.....

11. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    /:\
    :
    :

12. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Hey, somebody did get the JB reference :D .

Still available and lethal.....

13. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    up....

Just noticed that my price didn't mention that it was a shipped price. So, to recap, that's $850 shipped in Canada and the US 48. AK and HI might be a bit more.

14. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Off the market for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.