Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L / G&L Tribute finishes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dviper, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    I know that on the thousand dollar G&Ls there are a large variaty of finishes such as clear blue, honey, blueburst, cherryburst, and then the normal black, red, blue and so on. i was just wondering. if i were to order a tribute L-2500 would the same finishes be available for the tributes as on the G&Ls? i really want to get Clear Blue to i can see the grain of the swamp ash wood

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I don't know if you can get a Tribute in blue, but my Deluxe Tribute L-2500 has a very nice cherryburst finish that shows the grain just fine.

3. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    [​IMG]

Thats the color i really want. Is that available in the Tribute models or only G&L

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Check G&L's website. I think the Tribute section states the available colors.

5. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
  6. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    The clear blue is only available on the G&L and not on the Tribute. I had thought about having a Tribute L2500 refinished during the winter as a busy project. A matching body and headstock would be nice.
    Rezdog

7. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    The the only finishes available are the ones on the page Thee posted and i cant request a difrent finish?? If so then i guess I'll get it in Blueburst