1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured G&L Introduces the USA Fullerton Deluxe Fallout Bass

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 5, 2021.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Following the highly successful limited Launch Edition and Tribute Series, the USA made Fullerton Deluxe fallout bass is now available in four great new color schemes. This USA short scale dynamo is available in Black and 3-Tone Sunburst with a Caribbean rosewood fingerboard or Tangerine Metallic and Shell Pink with a maple fingerboard. All other specs remain the same:

It’s a 30” scale bass, featuring a G&L Magnetic Field Design® humbucking pickup controlled by a volume control, tone control and 3-way switch offering 3 distinct tonalities, making this bass much more flexible and with greater tonal possibilities than other short scale basses.

Other features include satin finish Maple bolt-on neck for stellar playability, 4 bolt neck attachment, Alder body, Saddle Lock® Bridge and G&L “Ultra Lite”® tuners.

Attached Files:

teh-slb, petch, kobass and 5 others like this.
  2. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan

Oct 3, 2014
    Canada
    Shell pink with tort ;-)

3. i wish they offered pickup covers in colors other than black, like white or cream

TheKillersFan and Kubicki Fan like this.
  4. Tommy V

Tommy V

Feb 19, 2019

Bajo Clarkko, teh-slb and Gizmot like this.
  5. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Hmm... This might be the one that makes me give up my Gibson DC LP Jr

teh-slb likes this.
  6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Can't understand the modern practice of offering rosewood/maple neck options only with specific finish options.
    These neck/bodies are interchangeable, and it didn't used to be limited this way.

Tommy V and petch like this.
  7. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    I got all exited till I heard it. I assume it can also sound, well, bassy? Perhaps with different strings? For reference, when I want a short scale, I use my old 60s Apollo violin bass with Fender style neck (old neck was warped) with full size TI Flats. Feel free to snicker... Looks rediculous, but sounds the closest to my 43 1/3 inch scale upright bass. Surely the video doesn't do the bass justice and that is not a reference to his playing in any way. Still, this is the first short scale I've seen that I might actually have to buy and try. :)

8. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob

Mar 2, 2020
    I have heard from many knowledgable users on TB that short scale hollow bodies do the best job at emulating the UB or DB. Not surprising.

I'm sure they can make this thing sound more "bassy" though. Flats would help.

This bass looks pretty sweet, but I went with the SS stingray. They are pretty similar basses though. Both have the 3 way pickup however the Stingray has a narrower neck which is what I wanted.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 10:14 AM
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021