1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD G&L JB-2 and SB-1 basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Sep 14, 2017.

1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Price:
    $700-950
    Strings:
    Shipping is included in the 48 states only. Please PM me if you have questions or want more pictures.

The ONLY trades I'm interested in:

-MusicMan Sterling HH 4 from the Neptune Blue PDN or Honey Roasted PDN limited runs (mahogany body)

-F bass BN-4, 8.0 lbs or less, ebony or rosewood fingerboard preferred, with preamp

First is a JB-2, this one is special and was built in August of 2015. I bought it direct from the factory and it's had very little playing time. The neck is maple with a maple fingerboard, 1.5" wide at the nut, with a 12" fingerboard radius. The body is swamp ash with a lovely clear gloss finish and the weight is just perfect at 7.5 lbs. I love the tone of lightweight swamp ash with G&L pickups, its hard to find but the tone is worth the search. Comes in a clean G&L black tolex hardcase with all paperwork.

Price is $900 $875 shipped SOLD

JB2ash.

Second is a really nice SB-1 in new condition built in December of 2016. The body is Empress with a clear gloss finish and a Jazz width neck (1.5" wide) with a 9.5" radius rosewood fingerboard. The rosewood fingerboard means I can't ship it outside the USA. Controls are passive volume and tone (treble cut), weight is super light at 6.8 lbs and it does have a little bit of neckdive on a strap. The MFD splitcoil pickup is really awesome, this bass sounds terrific. Comes in the original factory black tolex hardcase with all paperwork.

Price is $900 $875 shipped SOLD

SB1empress.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Eric_71, R&B, Metaluna and 7 others like this.
  2. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    That L1.5k.....Oh, Mama!!

bdgotoh likes this.
  3. Beautiful basses!

bdgotoh likes this.
  4. DogFishBay

DogFishBay

Dec 29, 2015
    Pm'd

5. flyingfinbar

flyingfinbar Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Long Island, New York
    Love that SB-1. I didn't know basses came that light!

bdgotoh likes this.
  6. de1orean

de1orean Commercial User

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    man i want that Interceptor!!

bdgotoh likes this.