1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD G&L JB-2 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joebone, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    G&L JB-2 for sale. Only a couple of years old; I am second owner, and the first hardly played it. Finish is very nice - somewhere between antique white and butterscotch. Judging from weight and sound, I think it is an alder body. Neck is the 12" radius, 1.5"-at-nut version, with dark rosewood board. All I find is one microscopic ding on body. Professional set-up, medium-low action, with DR Sunbeam strings. I'm not a J-bass kind of guy, but the more organic feel of this neck and the tremendous range of tone on this instrument have been a revelation. This axe is very, very playable, and tone can range from mellow jazz to growl and snarl. Gonna miss it, but as with the L2K I'm also selling, I've pledged not be a collector. And were it not for what this axe taught me about neck size and J-type pickups, I'd never have found my way to the Warwick Thumb NT that is my keeper.

Will send photos to those with genuine interest.

This is my first talkbass sale, but you can check my feedback at ebay (joebonehome) or www.audiogon.com (joebone)

Looking for $675.00.

2. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Upon reflection, I'm not certain if this is the 7" or 12" radius neck, but it certainly is 1.5" at the nut, and plays well.

3. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Looks like an unusual incidence of JB-2 congestion here at Talkbass! Nevertheless, a bump, and a reduction in asking price to $600 insofar as clear-fininish sellers are seeking $650.00. You Fender Jazz folks should cop one of these - they are great axes!

4. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    A new wrinkle - possible interest in trade for G&L ASAT semi-hollow.

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I really can't imagine why noone is buying this. If I hadn't just bought a JB-2 (should arrive today), we'd be seriously talking.

6. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

PM Sent

7. subtomic

subtomic

Sep 29, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    PM sent also

8. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    PM'ed.

9. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    All PM's now answered - sorry for the delay, but out of pocket tor the past few days -- and out of pocket is not a happy place for a bass player!

10. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bumpity, Bumpity, Bumpity-Bump goes the Jay-Bee Two...

Free Shipping if you can name either the songwriters or the song upon which this Bumpnouncement is Bassed!

Please don't force me towards Ebay!

11. 3rdBass

I can name that tune in NO NOTES, but that's about how much cash I've got right now, Joe. I'm closing in on a job soon, though.
    -Gil

12. Joe, from the pics you sent me it's difficult to tell whether the finish is blonde (a transparent cream color) or an opaque vintage white?

13. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Frankly, I'm not sure myself! It is an opaque finish, and I think it is the vintage white. However, in certain kinds of light, it is almost like it has a faint green undertone: in others, almost like a faint orange undertone. It's certainly attractive, but what it
    HTML:
    is
    sort of throws me. FWIW, my son and I refer this axe as the "vanilla" bass - although there is nothing plain vanilla about the way this pup sounds... The original owner bought it new from Buffalo Brothers in Southern California, but I have not bothered to check with them, and who knows if they would know or remember anyway.

14. PM'd

lowsound

15. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's a bump...

16. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Last bump - and last price break - before ebay. $565.00 plus shipping. You will not likely find another of these in this kind of condition, at this kind of price!

17. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    pm'd with trade offer

18. 3rdBass

I couldn't wait, Joe. Picked up a JB2 Tribute here just recently. Someone's GOTTA snag this one at this price! BUMP for a GREAT DEAL!
    -Gil

19. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Maybe this will do the trick and help Joe and I back to our respective parallel universes of passive bass-land and active bass-land ... click the Laklands heel 3 times and repeat 'there is no place like home ...' (sorry Judy ...) There is however a wicked witch - trust me on this...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    sent pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.