SOLD G&L JB-2 USA bass, CAR metallic, dead stock. Shipping Available, Case Included

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhsunbass, Sep 15, 2022.

1. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Continuing my sell-off of 34" basses, I offer this late made in the USA (CLF21799) Candy Apple Red metallic JB-2. There was neck work previous owner had done due to owner, who over tightened the truss rod, left a split in the bi-cut neck. Not a crack but a separation as happened with these. The truss rod nut was replaced and the fissure was filled in and lightly sanded by my tech Harold Renner. Action is brought in line and it nails the jazz bass tone better than any other I have owned. 1½" nut width and a slim fast neck. Check photos for condition, light scratches in the clear coat, no gouges or chips. Comes in a polyfoam case to protect it or a generic hard case depending on if my Fender Rascal bass sells first, should shipping be needed.
    Price is only $700 local to the Mid-Atlantic area (willing to meet halfway within reason) and insured shipping will be $50 CONUS. The last few basses I have shipped recently have been over $100 so I am basically splitting the shipping costs and even shipped, half the price of new with that vintage vibe. No international shipping so please don't ask. Allman Brothers sticker is free.
    I accept PayPal and Venmo.
    Please feel free to ask any and all questions.

Attached Files:

2. msgoodrich

msgoodrich Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Nice bass! I loved my old JB-2. FYI, I just used pirateship.com to UPS a bass from SC to KY for $38, insured. Shipped one to CA for $98, insured. And UPS will pick it up from your house for an extra $4. Makes shipping a lot cheaper and easier. Thought i would pass on the tip. GLWTS

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Beautiful.

seventhsunbass likes this.
  4. Johnny Znuff

Johnny Znuff Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sick price for a USA Leo! This will go quickly!

seventhsunbass likes this.
  5. goldenboy12981

goldenboy12981 Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Ohio
    PMed