1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L JB Empress

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coughdrops, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Coughdrops

Coughdrops Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    Price:
    $875
    Strings:
    Dropped price a bit.

When my gig schedule is light I get a little bored and move gear to compensate. My gig schedule is light ATM haha...

2016 G&L JB jazz bass in Old School Tobacco sunburst over Empress wood. 7.8 lbs on my digital scale, so it is the perfect gigging bass. Has a black/cream/black pick guard on it but will come with original white pearl guard and a cream/black/cream guard as well. It has some Daddario nickels on it. Comes with original case.

I briefly tried a set of hum canceling pickups and a set of Alleva single coil pickups in it. I greatly prefer the OEM pickups. I think they are bang on vintage style single coils.

My one year old son knocked it off a chair one day so there is a ding/chip on the bottom side of the bass. It's in the picture below. Also, a couple of small nicks on the headstock. Otherwise, it's in great condition but I priced it to reflect the ding.

$875 shipped CONUS

Trades: Mostly interested in cash now but interests have shifted back to maybe an early single coil p bass type bass? Shot me ideas, worst I can do is decline.

Also might be interested in a Barefaced Two10 and cash difference

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Coughdrops

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    Had an extremely tempting trade offer but she's still here.

rbeck47 likes this.
  3. Coughdrops

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    ... back to gigging regularly and after having the jb on a few gigs again, it's staying here.

4. Coughdrops

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    Back on the block. Been using a P and Mustang for everything and would like to sock some cash away.

5. mtsens1

mtsens1 Merle Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    Any interest in a straight-up trade on one of these? Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom - Candy Apple Red, Rosewood
    Excellent shape, did.t come with a case, but a P-Bass with a JB neck, AKA Duck-Dunn Custom. Just looking for something lighter. Let me know any interest soon, I'm doing the music store rounds tomorrow. Thanks for considering! Merle
    If interested, will send you act photos

6. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby G&L Fanboy Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    Messaged