1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD G&L L-1000 BABP reissue 1.5" nut width

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Jun 12, 2018.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Hey Y'all,

I think that these days instead of trying to corner the market on SB2s I'm trying to corner the market on narrow necked L1Ks. Unfortunately I think my wrists are getting even more finicky as I've suddenly run into a number of narrow G&L necks that didn't fully agree with me, and this is another.

In 2008/2009 G&L in conjunction with the BABP board and Guitarman in NYC did a reissue of the L1000. Traditional controls (vol/treble/bass knobs with parallel/single coil/OMG mode switch). Plenty of options available including all neck versions. This one is a #8 (1.5" width, 12" radius) and has GOT (gun oil tint) gloss neck with maple board. The body is candy apple red over alder and it was reported to weight 8.8lbs.

It's great - I love the tone even with the unknown rounds that came on it and it roars like an L-100 should. L1K simplicity, modern construction, it's the perfect bass for me except that my wrists/hands are feeling it after playing for more than a little time. So like the fretless I listed recently it's available.

Great condition, molded case, paperwork.

$975 shipped $850 plus actual shipping (Fedex ground insured)

the only trades I'd really be interested in are:

- G&L L1K, SB-1, SB-2, or LB-100 (1.5" nut width satin neck, <=8.75lbs)
    - G&L Tribute SB2 <=8.75 lbs
    - Audiokinesis Hathor 1505

I'll get pics up this weekend

and if you really wished it was a nice L2K -- well I've got one of those with a meatier #8 neck than I like that I need to list as well . . .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    BrentSimons and R&B like this.
  2. craigb

pics did not come out great, but here they are

cargotl1k-1.JPG

cargotl1k-1.JPG cargotl1k-2.JPG cargotl1k-3. cargotl1k-4.JPG

3. craigb

I've got some distractions (eye surgery/vacation/eye surgery) coming up so I won't be bumping this again until August because getting it shipped out will be problematic -- but if it's not marked sold, it's still available