Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-1500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 5, 2003.

1. What the general opinion on these basses? I found a pretty good deal on one and I may get it. I've played the L-2000 before and liked it.

Does the 1500 get a nice slap sound? Can the sound be mellowed out or is it really agressive?

2. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    You might get a better response here:

Dudepit G&L forum

I have two L-2000s, but cannot comment on the L-1500.

Cheers,
    Chris

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    You seem to be doing this a lot lately..LOL

4. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    That's the one with 5 strings and one MM-style pickup. I owned one for a while and ended up selling it. It was lacking in low end to my ears. It also had tight string spacing which really killed it for me. I've since come to realize that the low end problem was probably because it had an ash body. I can't seem to get the lows I need out of ash. I have a Stingray 4 that has the same pickup configuration, not sure of the wood type, that does better on the lows. The G&L was too middy for me even though I generally like lots of mids. I tried flatwounds on it and then traded it. It was well-built though. A solid instrument for someone who likes the string spacing and tone.

5. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA

Yeah... We are a sick lot over there and we need new blood! ;)

Plus, I just read "copy and paste for fun and profit" by Haywood Jablowmie. :D

Cheers,
    Chris