SOLD G&L L-1505 Made w OHSC USA made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Nov 9, 2017.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my gorgeous USA made G&L L-1505 with original hard case. I believe this dates to the mid to late 90s and is all original and stock.

This bass is G&L's take on the venerable Stingray. It features a proprietary and powerful humbucker in the "spank spot" with P/S switch and and active passive bypass. What's cool about the G&L circuitry is that the EQ is passive so you can control treble and bass in either active or passive mode with active mode providing a slight signal boost and slight enhancement of the higher and lower frequencies.

I was particularly drawn to the finish on this bass. The front is a classic sunburst type finish and the back is blacked out. Very cool.

The neck on this one is great. Feels like MusicMan SR5 spacing but a slightly deeper profile. The neck has gorgeous figuring as well. Currently strung with a nicely broken in set of Dunlap Superbrights so they are not super bright anymore and have a really nice low tension feel. In short, this is a fast 5er to get around on.

As for the sound the bass is really special. It is very much in the Stingray vernacular, but without the "clanking and clacking" that often comes with an SR. This has a sweeter and smoother character to it, almost a little compressed like a neck through. Sits great in the mix and I have enjoyed taking this to band rehearsals.

I have linked to a demo I recorded on Garage band so you can hear below. I did two bass tracks on theis recording with virtual drums. One in the lower register and then a second track in the upper register.

Overall this bass is in very good condition. There are a few cosmetic issues as you would expect from a bass this old but they are mostly upon close inspection. The worst of it is several tiny pencil tip sided compression dings on the back toward the bottom of the bass. Not sure if this was from a strap buckle being left underneath the bass in its case or what. They are well hidden by the black finish and I have photographed them as best I can. Other than that a few light scratches here and there which will probably buff out, and one scratch on back of the neck that cannot be felt while playing. From 3 feet away this bass is a 10. Upon close inspection I would say an 8+. And the OHSC is in very good condition showing only superficial marking.

I got this in trade and intended to keep it but as it turns out, I bought a custom made SR style bass second hand recently, and I have another one being custom made for me right now (My latest build: The RBM Signature) so this one needs to go.

I am asking $sold obo shipped CONUS in the OHSC for full insured value. If you live in MST or PST time zones, please add an additional $25 for shipping. This is for sale only. I am not interested in trades unless you have something of greater value which appeals to me. And if you live outside the CONUS, please PM me so we can determine the feasibility and extra costs associated with shipping to you.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    mpdd, tommyr01, Bigbri and 3 others like this.
  2. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Nice demo! How much does it weigh?

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks. Per the batthroom scale, 9.6 lbs. I believe it’s Ash and I always guessed this was about 9.5 so I think the bathroom scale is in the ballpark for once!

Attached Files:

4. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks. A little on the heavy side for me. They need to make these in Empress. Good luck with the sale!

G RICH 5 likes this.
  5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    I need to sell something! This is beautiful!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  6. tommyr01

tommyr01 SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Damn you that is gorgeous !!!!!!!!! I did not need to see this right now !!!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price drop and I will consider best offers. This one needs to find a new home.

8. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    Awesome sound clip! How is this possible, that this bass hasn't sold yet. That clip should have sold this weeks ago!
    GLWS!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  9. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    I've owned two in that exact color configuration. Both were excellent. I wonder if this is one of them? If so, someone will get a really nice and great sounding bass.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  10. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    these old L series are a steal if you are a member of the bang for your buck crowd

rogerbmiller likes this.
  11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey everyone. I dropped the price on this and am taking best offers.

PM if you are interested.

12. thechillinvillain

thechillinvillain

Apr 18, 2014
    Killing me with these price drops LOL. Makes tempted to absolutely crush my budget. No x-mas presents for anyone this year!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022