1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L-1505 Modifications - idea share

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DrumsAndBass, May 8, 2016.

1. Forgive me for crowing about G&L's but I just want to share the mods I've done on my L-1505's.
    I'm still floating on cloud 9 from the nice tone after a gig tonight. Granted, G&L's don't need mods because what is not broken does not need fixing but these mods worked out very well for me. Here they are:

BassesByLeo • View topic - My "prototype" gig tested L-1505 with mods

and

BassesByLeo • View topic - My gig tested L-1505 with lots of modifications

***** I really love the second MFD in the more neckward position. It's got a deeper tone than a L-2500 which I carefully compared. I simply placed the second MFD pickup further forward than it is on a L-2500. This lets both of them do their thing when both are on with the Gibson style switch. And, they are both useful when soloed too. Actually, I don't use the bridge pickup soloed. I either use both or the neck soloed.

The bass with the burst finish was the first one that I modded - sort of a prototype. It makes little sense to mod an already great bass but these 1505's are a very very very solid platform for such a long list of mods. In other words, G&L's can handle it. These mods worked out so well that the second bass with the natural finish was modded the same exact way. :)

Well, to each their own. I'm simply offering ideas.

mpdd and A-Step-Towards like this.