Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-2000 Bass w OHSC (not Tribute)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by eqvolvorama, Oct 8, 2004.

1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    I'm dropping the price of this bass to $500 OBO plus shipping. Everything must go!

For sale is a mid-90s G&L L-2000, natural finish. This is an american model bass, not the newer tribute series. It has a nice two-piece maple neck with rosewood board and a three-bolt neck joint. The single blemish is a small, pebble,sized ding in the finish on the back of the bass, which was there when I first purchased it. Frets are in great condition. Still comes in its original hard shell case.

The one thing which really dings this bass is that it is passive. The internal preamp fried some years ago, and instead of buying a replacement, I paid Action Music to re-wire it to play passively. I chose not to replace the preamp because I didn't use it. Instead, I purchased a Sadowsky Outboard preamp and used it with that bass exclusively from then on. (The preamp is also for sale, asking $150 OBO free shipping)

I'm asking $5 OBO plus shipping. Pictures can be found at http://www.pbase.com/danroche/bass_stuff_for_sale , as well as for other stuff I'm selling. Any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at danrocheinkuwait@yahoo.com.

Best,
    Dan

2. Dan,

I don't see pics of the L2000 as described above (although you have some shots of a very nice natural/rosewood L2K).

Also, how much does the bass weigh and what are its neck dimensions? Thanks!

Tom

3. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Personatech,

Sorry for the confusion. That IS the bass you're looking at. I suppose the "blonde translucent finish" is really the same thing as saying "natural" finish. Also, while the neck itself is maple, the fretboard is rosewood. Sorry for the confusion.

I will weigh the bass and measure the neck dimensions tommorrow. I'll also edit the original description.

Thanks,
    Dan

4. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Personatech,

My apologies, forgot to weigh the bass yesterday. Will do so this evning.

5. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Tom,

I'll give you exact neck dimensions tommorrow, but I know for a fact that my bass has a thicker P-style neck, as opposed to a thinner jazz neck width.

6. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Tom,

The bass weighs just under 9 pounds, and the neck is 1 7/16" wide.

Hope this helps,
    Dan

7. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    As mentioned in my edit of the top post, the asking price is for this bass is now $500 plus shipping. Inventory must move!

8. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    is the g&l still available?