G&L L-2000 Controls

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosHappy, Jan 15, 2001.

1. ChaosHappy

Apr 10, 2000
    Hi. I recently bought a G&L L-2000 used. Now that i have it, i was wondering what all of the switched and knobs do. I have the jist of it, but i'd rather know what everything does exactly. Also, what do you have to do to keep the battery from being depleted when you're not playing? will taking the cord out of the input jack do the trick or do you have to switch to passive? thanks.
  2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hi ChaosHappy. I have the G&L 2500, but I believe that the controls are exactly the same. Looking down at the bass as you play it (I assume you are right-handed), the leftmost knob is the Volume knob. The one in the middle is Treble tone control, and the one nearest the bridge is the Bass tone control.

The leftmost (neck side) toggle switch is pickup selector (neck PU, both, Bridge PU).
    The middle one is Serial/Parallel selection for the pups.

The one on the bridge side is Preamp with Treble Boost, Preamp On, Preamp Off.

There is no need to take out the jack. Just set the righmost toggle switch in the right position - Preamp Off.
    Also note that the two tone knobs are passive and don't use the battery power. G&L will work just fine without the battery - you only loose the Preamp On and Preamp On with Treble boost.
  3. ChaosHappy

Apr 10, 2000
    Thanks Brooks! You answered everything i wasn't sure about. in less than 15 minutes too. Thanks again.
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings