Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-2000 for $250

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kindablue, Aug 13, 2004.

1. kindablue

kindablue

Jun 15, 2003
    There is the an older L-2000 for $250 at a pawn shop i know of.Not sure what the difference between the L-2000 and the L-2000 tribute.the guy said he believed it to be a mid to late 80's model.Seems to play nice,not much of a looker just a brown stained body,but i get get beyond that.what is the general consensus on these baby's and what's a fair price on one.thanks

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    you should go right now and get that bass.
    I would expect to pay around 800 for one in decent shape and 500ish for something in playable but not great condidtion. My guess is that the pawn shop owner doesn't know what he's got.

danman

3. Holy Cow ! :eek:

Go get your gun 'cause you are about to rip them off !

4. pontz

pontz

Oct 31, 2003
    CT
    If you don't want it, buy it for me. I'll give you $300 for it.

Pontz

5. kindablue

kindablue

Jun 15, 2003
    how can i tell what year it is,and is the e series the desireable one?what should look for?

6. It's an E series !

AAAACCCK.

Very desirable !

7. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    $250 for a L2000e is a ridiculously good deal. Go back and buy it right now.

Marshall

8. kindablue

kindablue

Jun 15, 2003
    Well thanks for your advice guys,on your word i went right down and put a down payment on it.it is an e series and it's in pretty good shape.it needs a little tweaking as it buzzes out slightly but the guy said he'd take care of that for me.he even threw in an old fender hardshell case,very beat but funtional.funny that bass has been sitting in this pawn shop for about 6 months.i'd pick it up now and then but i'm mostly a guitar player and have an sb-1 so i didn't think i needed another bass.but after i played it today through an amp,i was like whoa that sounds and feels better than my sb-1.i think i just got me a good deal,rare these days.thanks guys for urging me to pick it up :hyper:

9. A really good deal !

If you want to get rid of it let me know..... :D

Anyway, the e series places it in the early 80's, you won't know exactly when until you pull the neck. When you do check all markings as Leo from time to time inspected some of them himself.....

Early pups had slots to adjust the poles (screwdirver), newer versions became allen wrench. Some bodies were made of mahagony...

Don't modify it, the old G&L's are increasing in value.

Register your G&L's at http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/ , the site will also give you an idea of approx how old it is without pulling the neck.

Some background info can be had here - L2000e info

The case he gave you, does it say Fender on it ?