1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L L-2000 Owners (and like HB Pup G&L’s) - Noise Issues?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luknfur, Dec 23, 2006.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Wondering if you’ve guys had any noise issues with these pups and if so what you’ve done to correct it. I’m aware of the 90’s shielding issue but otherwise. I recall none with a previous pair I had.

There’s nothing in this bass but the pup wired in series to the jack. I’ve run the gammet for ground issues and wiring such as it is and I’ve isolated the issue to the bass so it’s not something else. I assume from the looks of the pup the mags are grounded yet “hum“ increases when I touch one bank of poles (either but not both depending on how it‘s wired). Hums worse than a single. Decreases when touching the usual like a single but even then (unlike a single) hum is blatantly audible. Haven’t contacted G&L yet but that’s next.

Thanks in advance

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    :eyebrow: :eyebrow: So you must have a gutted G&L or you are just using an MFD in a project.

Got more detail as to what is in there? I've rewired a couple of L-1000's and flipped into parallel the MFD is dead silent hum wise. My apartment sucks for ambient RF noise so if something is gonna hum it will here.

Jim

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    "There’s nothing in this bass but the pup wired in series to the jack."

Those are the details and there's nothing in the environment - unless this pup is just particularly fond of something the others aren't.

I'm not a parallel guy but it shouldn't make any difference I'm aware of, it's just may not be as audible. But I'll find out in a minute.

Everything is a project around here, there are no end products. :D

Back: nope no difference. Also wired each coil single and the same.