1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L-2000 Tribute controls question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wraithwrider, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    Yo!

The two resources I've found tell me that the active/passive switch is, front to rear; active treble boosted/active/passive. My ear tells me the opposite :confused: Am I wrong or are the Tribbies reversed?

Are the tone controls cut or boost?

I've posted this in the G&L thread too but realise it may get lost in there.

Thanks in anticipation.

Pedro

2. The switch is, front to back, passive/active/active with treble boost. Tone controls are cut.

Mike

3. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    Cheers Mike. I'm almost convinced my switch is in upside down/wired incorrectly. It's bright, hot and zingy where passive should be and a little 'flat' (in comparison with the other 2 positions) where treble boost should be :confused:

4. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Here's a link to the G&L web site web site:
    http://www.glguitars.com/
    Click on "Support", then scroll down to "Technical Schematics and Wiring Diagrams", then on "Click Here", then click on the first entry under "Basses" and you'll find a control layout.

I spent an hour on a Saturday morning with mine and after that it was not a problem.

5. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Mine is exactly like the G&L diagram says it is: front to back, Active with boost, active, passive. Its a US though.

Maybe yours was installed with the switch backwards? Just go by what your ears tell ya, there is a pretty big difference between the three and especially between passive and active with treble boost.

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Take out the battery and see which setting still sounds good. There's your passive :)

7. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    The Tribby switches usually go up and down but do the same functions.

Jim

8. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    My switch orientation is identical to the G&L guide but the rear switch is reversed. Not a problem and a fellow basschatter had the same with all his Tribute's.

Good band practice tonight with the Tribby through a LMII into a Hartke 410TP and an Aggie GS112NT. Very impressive indeed, feel the force :smug:

Thanks for the help guys.