Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-2500 $750 OHSC and Certificates.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Nick man, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The old for sale thread was cluttered and the price has changed so I re-started it.

Im selling this bass for $750 to help finance a new Valenti bass.

I took a bunch of pictures that puposely really brought out the scratches a lot more than they are in real life. Only suprises here are that the bass is in better conditoin that it looks in the pics.

Specs are as follows:

G&L L-2500

Maple neck with rosewood board and ash body.

2 humbuckers, series parallel switch, pickup selector and tri tone switch (passive, active, active with hi boost) volume, bass, and trebble knobs

[​IMG]
    Thats all glare, not scratches.... Like I said though, thats a nice piece of ash.

[​IMG]
    Im almost positive thats ash there and not poplar or what ever wood they are using on most G&L's . Even though all the scratches are exagerated you can really see how many it has. Also take note that its not a solid color back like a lot of the other bursts Ive seen on G&L. I threw in such a big phto so you can really see whats going on.

[​IMG]
    For some reason the back of the bass has a wavy spearance that lines up exactly with the grain but it feels perfectly level and smooth. Its not finish checking like what you see on some old basses that were taken from the extreeme cold into a heated room.

[​IMG]
    Thats just a small scuff where the finish is dulled. Its tiny as you can see and there are one of two more on the bass that are smaller and less easily seen because of location.

[​IMG]
    where you can see a couple of the worst scratches which still arent that bad at all. You can even see a bit of my toe.

[​IMG]
    That's as bad as it gets. Its on the top of the bass where your right arm rest and isnt even visible from the front.

[​IMG]
    Three small cracks that are probably the result of a guitar/bass collsion. The worst the audience will see.... It looks nowhere near that bad in person; the reflection augments it.

[​IMG]
    Headstock- Dont it look pretty?

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately there is some damage noticeable.

[​IMG]
    There you can see that its a bit roughed up at the top, and another shot of the cymbal damge.

[​IMG]
    Case included. It has some scuffs... all that means is that it had done its job well.

[​IMG]
    Even though one strap isnt connected to the lid, the case still works fine. I bet it would be easy to fix it since it looks like all they did was hot glue it the first time around.

[​IMG]
    Just some more shots of the outside of the case.

[​IMG]
    What it says up there sums it up. Damn airline personelle!

[​IMG]
    Me playing with my G&L. Cant you see how much fun I have with it!?

This is my sweet ash bodied, rosewood board, sunburst L-2500 that Im looking to sell for $750.

Ive had the thing for like 4 years and its in pretty good condition with the kind of wear you'd expect from being played but not babbied. All wear is strictly cosmetic and does not affect playability in the slightest. In addition calling it cosmetic is along shot considering most is on the back and whats on the front isnt visible from any kind of distance any audience would be. I would call it good condition.

Several small scratches that are not through the paint, a few dings in the paint that dont go through and one that does.

On the headstock there are a few nicks where its had "accidents" (as my guitarist puts it) with cymbals. None of them are severe, but they are into the wood.

I took a bunch of pics to show all the different marks and the color and figuring of the wood which is really nice and visible on the front and back. This isnt one of the 'burst colored G&L's that have a black back; this one has a transparent brown finish on the back.

It has new Sadowsky steel strings (as of last Wed, 45,65,85,105,130T) and a new batery (as of 10 minutes ago).

I see the pics fine but if you are having trouble try these links:
    TB Picture Galery:
    http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/s...00&ppuser=22535

My Photobucket Picture Galery:
    http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...0%20For%20Sale/

If you still have problems e-mail me for pics.

There are 17 and they are large so I figure this will be faster.

Here is the box its is being shipped in. Its a Sadowsky box Nino used to ship my Valenti in and is in great shape. You dont think Sadowsky would ship his basses in crud do you?

[​IMG]

I will offer a 7 day trial period from the day it is recieved, so you can try the bass and if you are unhappy with it return it.

Let me know what ups.

Peace
    Nick

2. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    nice bass Nick! I would also try posting in the Dudepit, they ahve a ton of G&L hounds over there that will eat it up!

3. Bumpage.

4. hehe. It looks nice. I guess. If your into that sorta thing/ :D

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    You take very nice pictures Nick. If I had $750, you would have just sold it. Sorry.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I really wonder why nobody bought this. It seems to be a great bass with a great price.

7. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    did the bass sell on ebay?

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yes.

9. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Was $660 more than your original reserve?

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No... :'(

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well, at least you've got a Valenti. Cheer up.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Actually, not yet. I told Nino not to ship it because of the blocked roads and bad weather from Hurricane Frances.