Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-2500 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoseNeville, Jan 7, 2002.

1. I got a G&L L-2500 fretted, I love the sound is like a P bass and a J bass in one bass. I would like to know is anyone try or have one G&L L-2500 fretless. I want to buy one.

Thanks

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I see G&L's go through ebay here and there, sure I've seen some fretless in the past. Just keep your eyes open on ebay and reputable online classifieds, and eventually something you want will turn up.

I made out with a new mint L-2000 for $500 clams one time, so bargains can be had. There's also a Wanted and For Sale section in TB. :)

3. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I have an L2000 fretless. It's a very heavy but nice sounding/playing bass. The only thing I would say that despite the hot output, the tone is not earth-shattering - it kinda emphasizes the lower mids unless the neck pickup's on soloed. Even so I still run a Sadowsky preamp in my effects loop to add some rumble sometimes - still like all the sounds it can achieve by itself though. Oh - it's not for sale I'm afraid - just babbling on TB again:D