1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L L-2500 Tribute Blueburst consistency?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by bassbrock, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Hey guys, I've been itching to buy a L-2500 Tribute in the blueburst color, but the pictures that I've seen on MusiciansFriend, American Musical and zZounds have all been different. Several of the sites show a redburst/cherryburst color when you select the blueburst option.

The blueburst on the L-2500 looks completely different than the blueburst on the L-2000. It isn't very 'bursty' on the L-2500. There also appears to be some sort of white outline on the L-2500 versus the L-2000 in some of the photos from some of the reseller websites.

Can any L-2500 Blueburst owners who own a recent model with different headstock logo (not the tribute logo but the G&L logo on the headstock) and a rosewood fingerboard help me out?

Examples...
    AMS L-2500 Tribute blueburst photo:
    p45527.

AMS L-2000 Tribute blueburst photo:
    p45524.

See how the 4 string model looks so much more pretty and 'bursty'? The 5 string model's burst looks kinda like a black bass with a blue pick guard on it. Do they really look that bad?

The picture from zZounds is even more different and inconsistent:
    L2500blueburst-800a063f104e10eadbfd0fe77e9b0ae9.

The enlarged image doesn't even appear to be a Tribute but an American L-2500, notice the white outline?

Here is another tribute from a site called "thatnewsound":
    [​IMG]

It has a maple fretboard but notice how the blueburst on it matches the blueburst on all the pictures of the 4-string L-2000.

2. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    The burst on my guitar players 2000 tribute is more plain...the burst on my US L2000, which is red burst, is ash and very figured.

Guitar Man has two blue tribbies right now:
    http://guitarmannyc.com/html/g_l.html

3. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Interesting... the Guitar Man L-2500 blueburst looks closer to what I want...

[​IMG]

I'm not so concerned with the figured part. My concern is how much of the bass is covered up in black paint on the stock American Musical and Zzounds pics...

4. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    Here is an L2500 Trib. pic if its any help.
    This bass is only a few months old.

5. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    Here is another pic of my L2500. It does have the new headstock.
    I have never seen one that had that much black in it..

6. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Hey thanks Filter, that helps.

I'm curious if there is a difference between the maple fingerboard and rosewood fingerboard models. You would think the body would remain the same.

7. Bassosaur

Bassosaur

Jul 14, 2005
    Here's mine.

Attached Files:

8. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    i would try to buy it form someplace where you can see a picture of the actual bass if you are very concerned about it...they come up on ebay and the TB forums fairly often.

9. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Good idea p0k.

After looking into this issue more, it seems the AmericanMusical pic is bogus and not representative of the actual bass that would be shipped. Apparently they do indeed look more like the L-2000 stock pic.

10. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    How long ago did you purchase yours?

11. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Well, I pulled the trigger on one from zZounds.com. I was approved for their 4 EZ payment plan (4 payments of $150 each). Should be here by Thursday so we'll see!

12. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    Awesome! You are gonna love that bass. I have the Tribute L2000 that I just got from Americanmusical using their 3-pay plan. Gotta love those sites that let you break up the payments. I might buy a L2500 next. I do hope to eventually get a 5 or 6 string bass.

13. mainsail

mainsail

Mar 24, 2007
    San Diego Ca
    Congratulations, great choice, great bass. I've had my L2500 since October and it has become my main bass on Sunday morning.
    Enjoy, you're going to love it for a long time!

Larry

14. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I have noticed the lack of consistency in blueburst finishes...which worked out fine in my case. Mine is almost a teal color:

CIMG0814.

Kim

15. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    You will love it! Post some pics when you get a chance!
    Phil:bassist:

16. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I can't see ordering a custom colored bass on a G and L when there are so many variables to the finish. I'd order a blue burst if I knew what I was gonna get.

17. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    True, and that is the reason for this thread. I'm not sure what I'm gonna get.

My G&L L-2500 Blueburst should arrive today! Yay! I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Fortunately when it is all said and done my primary concern is how it sounds. I can put up with how it looks as long as it sounds great.

This is also my first non-natural bass.

18. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Well, I got it on Friday and turns out I had nothing to worry about. The blueburst finish on mine is absolutely beautiful! Check it out...

[​IMG]

And this thing sounds phenomenal! I wish I had bought one sooner! WOW!

It came with a little thing that said it has Daddario strings on it. I'm very happy with them so far but now I'm curious as to what gauge the strings are. Other than buying a micrometer, anyway I can find out so I can buy a couple of extra packs to keep on hand?

19. That is super nice.

20. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    beautiful!