1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L L-2500 Tribute

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DONZI97, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Unknown year, and not sure if its Indonesian or Korean, some light scratches on the body, and a couple of gouges on the neck, which did not bother me playing wise. Now the good news, its a great playing bass, I picked it up as a starter 5 string, and it worked well for me until I got a Ken Smith, so it doesn't see any playing time at all. Very versatile tones, I used it in P mode most of the time though. I haven't officially weighed it, but its on the heavier side(maybe 10 lbs I would guess) $450 Shipped

Here's some pics
    https://picasaweb.google.com/115925073797022713383/GL?authkey=Gv1sRgCNLRnbqH7L2N3wE

2. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Oh, and the only trade I would consider would be a MIA P5+cash on my end.

3. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Richard, you got a Ken Smith? Lucky man. This is a very nice example of a Tribute...nice price too.

4. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Yeah, came across on a heck of a deal for a 92 CR5 last November....couldn't pass it up. I would keep this Tribute, but I do really want a newer MIA P5 black/black/maple, I played one at GC about a month ago, and it spoke to me. So I've been selling my surplus stuff, like that cab you were interested in, to raise the funds. I could keep the Tribby, but I'm not a big fan of the color, and I liked the neck on the P5 better. But hey, since you sold me the above bass, do you remember what year/country of origin it is?

5. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Is that color closer to natural, or amber? That lighting adds some yellow so its hard to tell.

Pretty sure all the Tributes with that decal and a bridge that says Tribute on it were made in Korea.

6. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    That's pretty much the color in the pics, I would call it Honey Natural.

7. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    I do not remember the country of origin, it never really mattered to me once I started playing it. I had another L-2500 Tribute in Blueburst and this one was a lot better (IMO) than that one that I bought new in 2006.

8. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    cool, thanks AP

9. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Anyone? This thing is a versatile tone monster.

10. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    OBO

11. Zoomz

Zoomz

Jun 27, 2011
    Bloomington, IN
    Can you tell me th string spacing please? Have a MIM Fender and strings seem too close.

12. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Hmmm, unsure.....I want to say 18mm.

13. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    And sold for $425!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.