Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L-2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Jul 26, 2000.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I was wondering how tight the B string is on this bass... I am thinking about getting one... I am on a bass buying spree.. but I want to know before I drive 45 minutes to play one

2. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Like you, I am in the market for a five string. I haven't any experience playing these other than my recent shopping.

I did play the 2500 and compared to the other 34" scaled basses I played the G&L seemed slightly tighter. Strings type? I wasn't paying attention.

I really liked the 2500 and it would of been my choice until I started looking at 35" scaled with Bartolini pickups. These instruments sound warmer in the midrange to me. I don't have a loud mix to cut through.

Hope this helps...take the drive your going to like that bass.

3. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    HOw much do they run?!

4. My L-2500 cost me $1500 Canadian which, sadly, is about $1000 US. They may have gone up slightly since 2 1/2 years ago, and they also vary in price depending on features.

I love mine. I don't care what anyone else says: my L-2500 is an incredibly warm and responsive instrument. Some say they find the G&L's bright, but mine certainly isn't overly bright at all. I am not a huge fan of brightness myself, and I have always found this bass to have a very warm vibe to it.

My previous 5 string was a Yamaha TRB-5P (through neck with piezo system) and once I got my G&L, I never played it again although it was worth twice the price. The G&L was so much more natural sounding. It sounds like a great Fender bass should. [​IMG]

5. mainsale

mainsale

Apr 20, 2000
    My L-2500 was $899.00 from basssnw, and I'm very happy with if, in comparison to my Fender American delux precision basses. I recomend it as a definate "buy"!
    Cheers!

6. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I got mine for 859 [​IMG]

Patrick

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Mine was $699 (with the original hard case), and worth every cent.