G&L L-2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Jul 26, 2000.

1. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I was wondering how tight the B string is on this bass... I am thinking about getting one... I am on a bass buying spree.. but I want to know before I drive 45 minutes to play one
  2. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Like you, I am in the market for a five string. I haven't any experience playing these other than my recent shopping.

I did play the 2500 and compared to the other 34" scaled basses I played the G&L seemed slightly tighter. Strings type? I wasn't paying attention.

I really liked the 2500 and it would of been my choice until I started looking at 35" scaled with Bartolini pickups. These instruments sound warmer in the midrange to me. I don't have a loud mix to cut through.

Hope this helps...take the drive your going to like that bass.
  3. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    HOw much do they run?!
  4. My L-2500 cost me $1500 Canadian which, sadly, is about $1000 US. They may have gone up slightly since 2 1/2 years ago, and they also vary in price depending on features.

I love mine. I don't care what anyone else says: my L-2500 is an incredibly warm and responsive instrument. Some say they find the G&L's bright, but mine certainly isn't overly bright at all. I am not a huge fan of brightness myself, and I have always found this bass to have a very warm vibe to it.

My previous 5 string was a Yamaha TRB-5P (through neck with piezo system) and once I got my G&L, I never played it again although it was worth twice the price. The G&L was so much more natural sounding. It sounds like a great Fender bass should. [​IMG]
  5. mainsale

Apr 20, 2000
    My L-2500 was $899.00 from basssnw, and I'm very happy with if, in comparison to my Fender American delux precision basses. I recomend it as a definate "buy"!
  6. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I got mine for 859 [​IMG]

7. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Mine was $699 (with the original hard case), and worth every cent.