Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L2000 and Yorkville Bloc 250B 15" combo in Ontario

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Kurisu, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Hi everyone,

With a heavy heart I have to sell my bass and amp. Reason? I couldn't find the time to play anymore, and the little creature seen in the first pic is now ruling my wallet. :crying: But she's cute, so I'm okay with that.

The Bass:
    G&L L2000 1993 (I think), beautiful cherryburst finish. No sonic or playing problems that I know of. Everything stock G&L L2000. I bought this from TheLowEnd last year, and it's served me well, but I can't play well enough for a band, so it has only left my house for lessons. Included is the G&L OHSC (no brand logo).

There are a few cosmetic blemishes from the previous owner: A small dent just above the bottom strap hook, and a something a little rough near the neck pup volume knob. All shown in pics. Of course, doesn't affect playing.

Bass was tuned up by a professional at my local Long&McQuaid a few months ago. Action is as low as it can go without fretwork. Even then I lowered the saddle screws a little so I could get low action near the nut but that means the last few frets near the bridge don't work. You can readjust it of course to suit your tastes. Maybe this problem could be fixed with a little truss rod adjustment.

Beautiful sounding bass – solid low end and the pickups can imitate anything from a jazz to a p-bass to a musicman to more basses than I’ve even tried. I was amazed by the variety. I could get a nice thumpy mowtown sound, or McCartney, or a growly aggressive sound. Go active, series, full bass and treble boost, both pups on full volume, and you’ve got a unique L2000 sound – extremely agressive. Neck is the standard size for the L2000 – that’s somewhere between a jazz and a p-bass, a little closer to p. Just a great rock bass that can also do Jazz and R&B.

Asking price: $625 US, shipping not incl. (lower than what I paid, because I'm in Canada and it will cost you a little bit extra to ship it stateside.) -- Baby girl not included.

Amp: Yorkville Bloc 250B combo amp. 15" speaker, 250Watts, great combo for leaving at your drummer's place. Not the greatest sounding amp, of course, but it's a workhorse. I've never played it past 1.5 on the volume - it's just too loud, and my room is 10x10x10, which just makes certain notes hurt my groin.

Asking price: $300 US. If you really want it shipped, I can do that. But first ask me to weigh the sucker, 'cause it's heavy.

Thanks everyone. I'm so sad. I'm gonna miss these guys. But maybe when I finish grad school I can afford another G&L. :(

Edit: If anyone wants higher quality pics, let me know. I've got lots more.
    Edit: Bought from www.thelowend.net not LowDownSound - my mistake.

2. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
  3. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
  4. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Still available. :)

5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    If I had the money I'd buy it. come on someone take it. It gets the kids approval.