1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L L2000 Black w/fretted ebony board - elegant!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joebone, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I've been through 7 different G&L's over the years (JB2/L2K/L2.5K) and this one is the best of them. It's an L-2000 that is as black-on-black as they can come.

Photos: http://gallery.me.com/joebone1

This features the popular #8 neck (1.5" at the nut, 12" radius), with the now-discontinued ebony fretboard. There are no dot markers on the board, although effective dot markers are embedded along the side. The headstock is also black, matching the black body.

It also features the optional 3-way coil selector, so you can go series/single-coil/parallel, as well as the customary toggles for pickup selection and passive/active/boost. Yoked to the usual volume, bass and treble knobs, the already broad tonal range of the L2K is further enhanced by the additional coil option.

So we have an unusually elegant presentation, with three upcharge features (3-way coil, matching headstock, fretted ebony board w/o dot markers), and some collector value to boot as the fretted ebony board is no longer available. Interestingly, this is the same option package as on the special run of L2Ks that was produced by the Badass Bassplayer folks, except those had a blackburst ash body, and the badass logo on the headstock...me, I prefer the sound of alder and the look of solid black.

But we also have one that plays really, really well. I've noticed some variability on the #8 necks, with some having a bit deeper profile than others, and this is one of them. I prefer that feel, and think it lends a bit more depth to the sound. And of all of the L-2000's I've played, this one strikes the best balance between clarity and growl. And the ebony board is a nice piece of wood, in good shape.

Overall, the axe is practically mint - the first owner was a guitarist who says he only used this for home recording, and I believe it! There are no scratches, cracks or dings, and just the slightest bit of surface swirling. And the fitted fiber case is in excellent condition.

$1000 plus shipping from Los Angeles.

I am willing to ship to many European and other non-US locations, but ONLY if you can pay via paypal, if you cover all shipping, insurance and duties as agreed between us, and if you accept all risks of loss or damage in transit. USPS is often the cheapest way to go, but their insurance cap is like $650 or some such thing. That said, I've now shipped 6 basses abroad, all via USPS, with no casualties to date.

2. bump for a great TBer and one mean looking bass...

3. lowfrq

lowfrq Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Ventura County,Ca
    interested in any trades+$ ?

4. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Sorry, but not looking for trades.

Also want to mention that this bass is strung with a nearly-new set of R. Cocco nickel-plated rounds, which sound great on this axe.

5. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Yeah, like this needed to get any better.:)

6. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    bump-time.

7. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    A "477-views-in-3.5 days" bump...

8. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    Year and bathroom-scale weight? Pretty please :)

(Yes, it looks damn good!)

9. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for those kind words, folks...

Weight: 9.5 lbs. by the digital bathroom scale - not bad for an L2K.

Age: probably 2005-2006, based on comparing the serial number (CLF 374XX) with the registry at www.guitarsbyleo.com However, G&L's often reflect varying neck and body dates.

Also: I AM willing to ship to many European and other non-US locations, but ONLY if you can pay via paypal, if you cover all shipping, insurance and duties, and if you accept all risks of loss or damage in transit. USPS is often the cheapest way to go, but their insurance cap is like $650 or some such thing. That said, I've now shipped 6 basses abroad, with no casualties to date.

10. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    That is one of the best looking basses I have ever seen. I am sooooo tempted, but I think the wife would notice if that suddenly appeared :crying:

11. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Monday bump...

12. Nice Bass Bump!

[​IMG]

13. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bumping for the weekend, and looking forward to meaningful cash offers.

Don't let this one sink into the 'Bay!

14. Nice bass and beautiful floor bump, looks similar to our floor/fireplace (original Victorian, 1856, Liverpool-ish).

15. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's...a Bump!

16. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    Another bump for a beauty.

17. Joebone