Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L2000 fretless. $625 or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gnome01, Dec 12, 2002.

1. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    1994 G&L L2000 fretless bass for sale, or trade in NYC tri-state area. A big, heavy, beefy instrument with a swamp ash body and powerful sound. Ebony fingerboard has seen only halfround or flatwound strings since I purchased it in '98. Electronics work perfectly, the neck is solid and the finish (transparent dark blue) is nearly scratch free, with no wear on the back. Includes hardshell case. Trades considered for the following: fretted L2000 (E series especially but new ok too) with rosewood or ebony fingerboard, or will also put cash towards an older Fender Jazz (or percision with PJ pickups) with EMG's (possibly Seymour's or Barts), Music Man Sabre or pre EB Stingray, Lakland, or American Spector. Others considered.

2. I own a 1988 or 1992 (I forget) fretless L2K in the same color, and these basses RULE! They have a rare combo of mwah and depth.

Somebody should go for this deal.

3. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    Oh, c'mon, just because it weighs more than the person playing it doesn't mean it's not a great bass. Just kidding - I'm not a big guy and it doesn't really bother me. Oh yeah, and BUMP!!

4. I'm VERY VERY interested in this bass. What's the width at the nut? Is it a lined fingerboard, and if so, do the dots on the side of the board line up with the fretlines?

dave.koch@att.net

I'm out of town 12/20-29, so I hope to hear back from you before tomorrow. If not, happy holidays!

5. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I've decided I'd rather stick to selling in the Northeast. Any takers in the NYC area?

6. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    Bump - and I'll throw in a set of D'addario halfrounds too - and the ones on it are new too