1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L L2000 fretless Leo signature edition -- HOT fingerboard grain content!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thegreatmattsby, May 29, 2018.

1. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I have a couple fretless L2Ks (because they're killer), but it's time to rebalance my collection and I can get by with just one. This beauty is the better trade bait, so up it goes!

If you're already familiar with L2Ks, then the pictures will tell you just about everything else you need to know. The real standout here is the eye-popping grain on the ebony fingerboard. These Leo-signature bodies seem to be a bit collectible, too. (If you're not already familiar with L2Ks, feel free to PM me for pointers to good info, or search TB--lots of fans here.)

Overall it's in great shape for its age. There are faint traces from roundwounds (it's wearing flats now and can ship either way), but not enough to affect anything; if it's a concern, though, I can have my luthier sand them out. Later I'll add pictures showing any spots in the finish. Original hardshell case is included, which is in good shape except that I believe the interior straps that would keep the two halves from opening beyond 90 degrees are missing.

Trade interests, +/- cash as appropriate:
    - Fretted G&L basses, USA or Tribue
    - G&L or Music Man guitars
    - Bass VI-style instruments with a scale length of at least 32" (a long shot, I know)

Please send offers by PM. Looking forward to hearing what's out there!

DSC04329.JPG

DSC04337.JPG

DSC04336.JPG

DSC04326.JPG

2. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Somehow forgot to mention that the weight is 9.79 lb according to my luggage scale and the nut measures between 1 5/8" and 1 11/16".

3. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    PM sent

4. svtbass

svtbass Supporting Member

Still considering this one. Neck shapes from this time period seem to have two main distinctions- one type has more rounded (softer rolled) edges which is beefier at the edges. The other cuts in sharper. Which would say this one has?

5. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Good question. This fingerboard is not the rounded-edge type.

6. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby

May 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Traded! Thanks, V, and enjoy!