1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L2000 pickups - which wire is north start/finish and which is south start/finish?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Mar 25, 2013.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I want to use this G&L wiring diagram with some non G&L pickups

SP32-20130324-232047_zps7bcaefc9.

I know the north start/finish and south start/finish for the pickups I want to use. What is north start/finish and south start/finish for the G&L humbuckers in the above diagram?

Am I right in thinking that the black is south start/white is south finish and green is north start/yellow is north finish?

2. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    perhaps you can explain what you mean by "north", "south" , "start" , "finish" ?..

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    South coil start/finish and north coil start/finish.

4. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Bump.

5. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    That's what I would think also.

6. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks, David! You know, I almost PM'd you about it but I didn't want to bug you.

I'm going to be using a blend pot instead of a selector switch - it would wire the same way, though, huh? I would wire the outputs from the switches (and that extra connection from one of the caps) to the inputs on the blend pot, right?