1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L2000 prospective owner

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by totallybacan, Apr 15, 2009.

1. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    Hey all i'm new to this thread. a few questions. and i apologize beforehand if this is not allowed in this thread. but i would like an (unbiased) opinion on whether i should get the tribute or us. im only a high schooler working part time. i dont expect to spend more than 700 used for a us or 500 for tribute. also, i really like the blueburst, greenburst, and black colors. are all available for the tribute series or just the blue? and finally, my biggest fear of getting a tribute is quality. not that i think it will be cheap. but i don't want the neck to warp or have other problems that the us doesn't encounter. that's about it.

if anyone has any of these and is willing to sell pm me.

2. You'd be happy with either one. $700 for a used USA L-2000 might be a bit low in expectations, as they usually go for more. OTOH, $500 should do you up with a nice Tribute. Tributes are high quality instruments and are very consistent in feel. I don't think there's any appreciable difference in failure rate comparing the USA and import L-2000 basses.

Ken...

3. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    thanks so much. just of to find somebody thats willing to sell one for $500 in blue or green. thats ALOT of filters in my search.

4. Skarekrough

Skarekrough

Aug 7, 2006
    The Tributes are fine instruments which millions of folks worldwide play everyday and enjoy.

...and with that said I found that they just weren't put together as well as the US counterparts. They just feel cheap in my hands compared to my L-1505, Wunkays and L-2000.

For the price difference between a US used and a new Tribute I would be MUCH more inclined to go with a used US model.

5. Used Tributes that are in good shape are an excellent starting point for a person who is in high school and is starting to explore.

Just make sure the one you get is in good shape. A used Trib in good shape is a better buy than a new one that is not well set up, in my opinion.

John