G&L L2000 switches

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dougazbass, Nov 9, 2011.

1. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    I need to have my G&L L2000 2 position center switch changed out.
    I noticed on the G&L site that they want $25 for this switch. This seems excessive. Has anyone else found a good source for this switch?
    Also, I noticed that they have two prices, one for usa made and a lower priced switch for tribute. Any ideas why? I thought they were supposed to be the same electronics.
    Thanks.

2. Digikey usually has everything.

3. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    266 pages of toggle switches. Don't know where to start...

4. 4848277

Mar 4, 2011
    I also have a G&L Tribute L-2000. The switch you're talking about is the series/parallel switch, and is a 4 pole double throw (on/on) switch. Those are available from ALLPARTS...

4 Pole On On Switch | Allparts.com

I've heard their shipping rates can be ridiculous but, lots of guitar shops carry their parts. Maybe you can find it or order it through your local guitar shop and avoid the shipping cost. I've done it in the past for other items like this.

Good luck.

5. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Jersey
    As long as you're doing that, you could use the on/on/on switch to get one of the single coil mods...I think the switch is only a couple of bucks more.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021