1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L L2000 USA vs Tribute differences

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UnderDogbassist, Nov 23, 2010.

1. i currently own a USA L2000, and i wanted to switch out some old parts, because it's really aging, in the bad way. I was thinking that since a new neck costs so much, it might be possible to simply buy a used Tribute L2000 and then switch out the necks/pickups since the neck has a better neck radius (9.5 i beleive) i just have a couple questions

The neck material, is it EXACTLY THE SAME as the USA? ive heard that the tribute series is like 95% the same thing, just put together in indonesia. i'm curious if this is the same quality of wood, so i don't lose much by switching them out. and will a tribute neck fit into a USA body?

the pickups, are they the exactly the same? i read on the site and the only differnce that is labelled is that the tribute has the words "fullerton made" before it. does that imply that they are the same pickups on the usa?

just curious, because i'm thinking of doing that and then i would have some backup parts to work with afterwards, maybe sell some of it, or just keep it in case something bad happens to the bass.

2. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me.

Dec 2, 2005
    Edmonton
    To the best of my knowledge the pickups are the same, I don't know about the neck wood though.

3. ndabunka

ndabunka

Oct 8, 2010
    I think that only the electronics are the same. I believe that the wood components are all different.

4. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    Check with Ken at bassesbyleo.com

5. I'm a long time USA L-2500 user. I tried Tribute instruments lately, a few times. They have the same electronics, maybe the same woods are used (at least for the neck) but not a grade has high as on the USA models. But most importantly, they don't feel exactly the same, I miss my USA when I play on a Tribute. I just don't know if the difference would be that striking to me if I never had a USA G&L though...