1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L2500 2008 bass sound clips, enjoy!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lovenotfear, Sep 27, 2008.

1. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    i thought i would post some sound clips for those who are curious about how this bass sounds and what it can do, i recorded these sound clips with the EQ set flat, and with no effects, the bass is set to series mode for these clips, and preamp on, really there are so many settings with series, parallel, passive, active, active treble boost etc.... i just stuck to active series mode for these clips, i played some very simple things to show the different tones you can get, I hope this helps people who are thinking of getting this bass make their decision, click on links to download.

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/75669/bridge pickup series active finger style.mp3

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/75669/both pickups series active finger style.mp3

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/75669/neck pickup series active finger style.mp3

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/75669/both pickups series active slap style.mp3

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/75669/neck pickup series active smooth walking bass line.mp3

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Great sound, thanks for sharing.

My fav is the first one (bridge pickup): detailed tone and meaty at the same time.

3. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    I agree....and no noise.

4. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks Guys, i decided to post these clips because when i was first thinking of buying this bass, it was hard to find audio clips of how it sounded, and no stores in las vegas had this bass or any G&L bass for that matter, i had to do so much searching on the internet to find clips of how it sounded, and allot of the clips i found were slap style playing, and i wanted to hear how it sounded finger style, so i decided to make these clips for people who are thinking of buying this bass, i wanted to make it easier for people to find audio clips, i think this bass is incredible, i love it, and i hope this post will help others who are thinking of buying this bass not feel nervous like i did, i had to trust allot of people on this forum, mainsail helped me allot, as well as others, i glad i trusted them, it turned out good.

5. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I really miss my 2500 Tribute. The sound from that bass is so LOW and powerful, but "fuzzy"* enough to cut through any sort of mix like butter. I'll be getting an American one in the future for sure.

*fuzzy as in having a prominent midrange, not unlike a P-bass

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but...

Ed Friedland with a G&L2000. A great demonstration of the sounds.

6. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    that's exactly how i feel about the sound, it is gutsy, and has allot of presence, it has sounded even better lately since i changed the strings to dr hi beams, i had dr low riders on it, but they sounded thuddy esp. the b string, so i changed to dr hi beams with a .125 b string and that made it sound awesome, i want to try the dr sunbeams next to see how those sound on my bass.

7. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I love the sound of only the neck pickup!

8. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    That's a cool video, but it gets annoying how he plays the same thing over-and-over...nice sounding bass.

9. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The great thing about the G&L "L"-Series basses is the flexibility within even the simple settings. I've got a L2000. It is not an overwhelming bass to figure out. All the switches make some players feel that way. Although there's a lot of options thereI only use a few.

If you like a "neck pickup only" sound for what your doing you can still dial in slight-to-substantial variasions of that tone with the treble and bass cut knobs. Lately I've been playing in passive setting only. Taking the battery right out of the bass. Still the series and parallel plus treble / bass cut options give me all I need.

My favorite setting lately: both pickups on in parallel,passive. With bass knob at 6 or 7 and treble at 4 or 5. Very nice John Paul Jones Led Zeppelin feel.

10. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    He plays the same thing over and over so that you can compare the sound of the different settings (neck pickup, bridge pickup, etc). Otherwise you wouldn't have a frame of reference.

Are these the same soundfiles as in the other post?