Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L2500 SUUSTAAAAIIINNNNnnnnn!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassophile, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Only to say that this is bolt-on bass with largest sustain I've ever played. Even more than the neck-through basses played, and I played a lot of them.

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I never played a US L2500. I do have a Tribute L-2500 Have to say it does sustain for days.

3. That's great...you can rock up to a gig...strike an open E...put the bass on its stand...go out and grab a burger...come back and strike an open A for the chord change...go home and have a nap...come back and pack up for the next gig...:D

more seriously...what's so great about SUSTAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN????

4. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I've always wondered that myself. To me if the note doesn't die (or isn't muted) in under 4 seconds we have a conflict called 'where's the groove?'

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Well it sounds to me that someone got a new bass, and is very happy with it.

6. Really? who? What kind of bass did he get? :bag:

7. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Hey do you know Keith Urban? :bag:

8. My first name is Keith, maybe we are related.

9. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Congrats on the 2500. G&L's do sustain well, that massive bridge does a good job coupling the strings to the body.

10. Yep...not personally, though...

Here's a fact that may be of interest you...I once spent 3 weeks in Pine Bluff...

no Denny's in Pine Bluff :crying: ..

but you can buy Community Coffee in Arkansas :D

(I've only been in Australia since 2001)

11. I suppose you know that tone signal or bass signal is consisted of ATACK - DECAY - SUSTAIN - RELEASE. Than, why bass player often use compressors? To improve dynamics or for limiting, depending on their needs. The result of this is also extended sustain which some basses do not have and therefore compression is needed. Why sustain is needed? IMO not for playing one tone and waiting to stop and after that to say - wow, instead of that good sustain is needed for good bass producing especially in modern R'N'B. Therefore bass tone is consistent and well heard in mix. Of course, when vintage tone is needed things are different.

12. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    G&L 2500....mmmmmmmm, nice;)
    Big sustain generally means a nice solid hit up front. The point isn't necessarily will it hold one note for 45 seconds, but what deos it bring to the table. Big sustain usually means a big phat solid hitting bass, which I dig;)

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    LOL...I was just messing with ya !!At least ya got it. :) Hell I havn't been out of freken Arkansas in I don't know how long. How do you like it down under? I would love to vist there among a crap load of other places.
    What in the world were you doing in Pine Bluff? Are you in the Military or something? Only thing that I know they have in Pine Bluff is the Arsenal. Small town lots of trouble..
    As far as Denny's I don't think there is another one left in the state. I Know they closed the one down here and I think the one that they had in Fort Smith...