1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L L2500 Tribute neck dive

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by arginator, Oct 26, 2013.

1. arginator

arginator

Feb 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I'm looking for some advice on solving the neck dive on my l2500 tribute. I've read here that most people don't have a problem with this on their L2500, but for some reason mine has a horrendous amount of neck dive. I've already switched to a wide padded strap. This has helped some, but its still there. My hand and arm get cramped up after awhile from this.

I'm not ready to upgrade to lightweight tuners yet, looking for a cheaper solution. Would moving the strap buttons help?

2. nolezmaj

nolezmaj

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Had the same problem with my butique 5-stringer. Nothing except changing weight ratio neck-body will solve this :( Wide and comfortable strap and relocating strap button help only with mild neck dive.
    If, like me, your shoulder hurts seriously, either change tuners (maybe put weight on bass body?) or change bass.

3. DrVenkman

DrVenkman

Jan 22, 2010
    Pacific NW
    You could fashion an extender for the strap button on the control horn. Different ways to do this - I found a small brass tube and longer screw at the hardware store that worked for me on a 5 string OLP.

4. It makes me nervous suggesting this, but you could balance the extra weight on the neck by increasing the weight on the body. How you do that is up to you.