1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G & L L2500 Tribute Pickup Noise

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Doug1as, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Doug1as

Doug1as

Mar 3, 2010
    If this is in another thread, please excuse me. I couldn't find it.

My G & L Tribute has a characteristic with which I am wholly unaccustomed. If the volume is reduced to anything less than maximum the noise level suddenly increases dramatically. It doesn't matter whether it's front, rear, or both pickups, and it doesn't matter if it's in using the series or parallel circuit.

Lowering the bass tone control does the same thing, but not quite so drastically.

There isn't much point in having controls if you can only use them in one position. I would appreciate advice from anyone with experience with this problem. As it is, I have to record with this bass putting the volume and the bass at maximum whether that's the sound I want or not.

Thanks

D :(

2. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Does this bass have the single coil modification? If its stock, it shouldnt have much if any noise no matter what you do as those are humbucker pickups. Does it make noise in different places (i.e. at home, at your practice spot, at a gig, etc?). The only time my L2500 Tribby makes any noise is when I have it in single coil and that is something I had to have done to my bass, it didnt come stock.

3. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Sounds like something is not grounded. Maybe the bridge? You should call G&L.