Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD G&L L2500 USA with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrpackerguy, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    SOLD

$725 shipped in continental USA. Just bought two basses so this one has to go. Beautiful 3 tone burst G&L L2500 USA. I bought this from Music Castle in Royal Oak Michigan and they told me it was about a '97 but haven't confirmed that. Maple neck and the famous G&L active preamp. Controls are vol/treble bass. Switches are pup select (neck/both/bridge), series/parallel, and treble boost/active on/passive. The passive switch is great if the preamp poops out - to me sounds a lot like a precision in that configuration.

A quirk: in the bridge pup-only position, the series/parallel switch doesn't work. In other words, when you are running the pup selector in the bridge pup only mode, you can only run the pickup in parallel, not series. Has not been an issues for me. In the both-pup and neck-pup position, the series/parallel switch functions properly.

Otherwise a tone monster. I have this same preamp in an ASAT and it's my favorite. The other thing I will let you know that's odd is that the burst is only on the front of the bass. The back of the bass is solid black. Not sure why G&L does that, but I rarely if ever flip my bass around on my shoulder and play when my teeth - the only time I can envision where it really matters. Swamp ash top, basswood body.

If you are a 5 string player that likes a narrow 5 string neck, this bass says "Buy Me!". To me, the spacing is very comfortable at the bridge, but due to my fat short fingers, a tad to narrow at the first fret.

Comes with the original G&L HSC which is a little scuffed, but fine mechanically.

When I ship this bass to you, you'll appreciate the condition. It's a certain 9 of 10 with the few cuts and bruises you'd expect from a bass that was a regular on the Detroit music scene and was well taken care of. $725 shipped continental US
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Couple people have asked and I'm sorry, but I won't ship out of the USA.

3. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Let's put it this way, it'd have to be one helluva trade. I just bought two new Music Man Sting Rays and papa needs the cash. I'll listen, but please be advised it's not likely I'd trade. I definitely will not trade for anything of lesser value plus cash or for anything except an instrument.

Thanks for asking.

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
  5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    another price drop - priced to sell

6. mrpackerguy