1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L L2500 vs. Peavey Cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supernaut, Sep 16, 2003.

1. I am looking for a nice 5-string bass. I own a G&L L2000 and it has always been one of my favorites for its versatility and playability. I have also played and been very impressed with the peavey cirrus 5-stringers. I play light-heavy rock in my band and also like to play other stuff like jazz, funk, slap stuff for the fun of it. I am also considering the a Music Man SR5 but the G&L has more tone versatilty which appeals to me. I was also looking at Lakland 55-02's and loved the tone but found the necks to be a bit too wide. what do you think?

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think people who own G&L will post "get the L2500," and people who like the Cirrus will post "get the Peavey," and you will still be left with the decision of which is right for *you*...

;)

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well you have the L2000, so perhaps something different, in terms of Peavey Cirrus, would make your arsenal broader :bassist:

However.. That's a nice decision to make! :cool:

4. You might be surprised. The Stingray can get a lot of tonal variety out of it, dispite some claims to the contrary by a few members of this board. No bass with an active 3 band preamp is gonna be a one-trick poney as it were, and Stingrays are great for almost any style.