Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L L2500 vs. Peavey Cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supernaut, Sep 16, 2003.

1. I am looking for a nice 5-string bass. I own a G&L L2000 and it has always been one of my favorites for its versatility and playability. I have also played and been very impressed with the peavey cirrus 5-stringers. I play light-heavy rock in my band and also like to play other stuff like jazz, funk, slap stuff for the fun of it. I am also considering the a Music Man SR5 but the G&L has more tone versatilty which appeals to me. I was also looking at Lakland 55-02's and loved the tone but found the necks to be a bit too wide. what do you think?

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think people who own G&L will post "get the L2500," and people who like the Cirrus will post "get the Peavey," and you will still be left with the decision of which is right for *you*...

;)

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well you have the L2000, so perhaps something different, in terms of Peavey Cirrus, would make your arsenal broader :bassist:

However.. That's a nice decision to make! :cool:

4. You might be surprised. The Stingray can get a lot of tonal variety out of it, dispite some claims to the contrary by a few members of this board. No bass with an active 3 band preamp is gonna be a one-trick poney as it were, and Stingrays are great for almost any style.