1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L LB-100 2015 "P" type Bass w/ "J" style Neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 2cooltoolz, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Price:
    $1050
    Strings:
    13 CLOSE. 11 In Case. 12 FULL. 14 HEAD FRONT. 15 BACK. 16 HEAD BACK. 17 WEIGHT. 18 LB100. 19 Case. Hi! I have up for sale this gorgeous 2015 G&L LB-100 in Honeyburst Swamp Ash. Quartersawn #8 neck with a Rosewood fretboard, and 1 ½” bone nut. This is the perfect bass for you guys who like a “P” style bass with a “Jazz” neck! Barely a smidge over 9 pounds, it’s light weight, also!

It’s near mint, if not absolutely (I’m always hesitant to use the word), and I believe the plastic is still on the PG.

I recently took this in trade, and if I played 4s this would definitely become a permanent part of my arsenal. Currently strung with roundwounds, but I don’t know the specifics.

It comes in the G&L Tolex case with certificate of authenticity and build sheet.

added Feb 6, 2018:I just discovered a previously unnoticed crack in the case. I received this bass recently in a trade, and must have received it like this, as it hasn't been out of the house since. There is no corresponding damage to the bass.

PRICE REDUCED to $1000 shipped CONUS!

case-jpeg.

I’m asking $1050 now $1000, PAYPAL, shipped to CONUS only. No trades please, I’m trying to downsize

I'll knock $100 off for local pickup, and I'm willing to drive 50ish miles from 77318 to meet
    (after the deal is done!:D).

Thanks for looking, Jon.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Nice axe. Down sizing and cutting a custom made. Tough call I’m sure.

3. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Well, I'm playing 5s only lately. Maybe they'll come out with an LB-105!

jebmd likes this.
  4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland

They would sell for sure. I’d certainly buy one. 17.5 spacing and an 1 3/4” nut would kill.

2cooltoolz likes this.
  5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    P bass with a J neck is the best.

Mvilmany, osv, groooooove and 2 others like this.
  6. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have this exact same bass (#8 neck, but in a different finish). I have owned countless "A" neck P's, Lakland Glaubs with jazz taper necks, etc. I was always searching for the "perfect" bass with the P bass sound and the Jazz neck feel. I absolutely found it with my G&L LB-100 and I would highly recommend this model to anyone else who is looking for the same thing. Just sayin'....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    GroovyBaby and 2cooltoolz like this.
  7. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Nice. That’s right up my alley.

8. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Oh man!! I will literally be driving down 45 tomorrow from DFW for a show in Houston, and just pulled the trigger on a P with J neck..... This would have been THE ONE!! <snif>

2cooltoolz likes this.
  9. randerson007

randerson007 Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Carlsbad, CA
    I am very interested. I can offer you $950 including shipping to California. Let me know if you want to do it and we can arrange the details.