1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L LB-100

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mtsens1, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mtsens1

mtsens1 Merle Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    Price:
    $1099
    Strings:
    Like New, Will ship cont US for $1099.

The G&L LB-100 made its debut twenty years ago in response to bassists asking for a subtle evolution of the p-style platform. With a slightly streamlined body shape for improved comfort and balance, the LB-100 also brought the G&L Saddle Lock bridge for richer note definition and sustain. In the late ‘90s tastes were changing and the popularity of the p-style platform waned, and the LB-100 was discontinued.

In those years the G&L LB-100 earned legions of avid fans, among them Garry Beers of INXS. According to Garry:

“I’ve been a diehard Precision Bass fan since I was a kid, and as my career took off with INXS I was fortunate to be able to collect some amazing examples made in the ‘50s and ‘60s. Of course, there’s my number one Fender, a 1958 p-bass which I dearly love. However, the truth is the best p-type basses I’ve played are my G&L LB-100s. The shape, feel, and tone are just superb. I’m excited to see the LB-100 return after all these years.” – Garry Beers of INXS

While the tone remains unchanged, thanks to a faithful recreation of the original LB-100 Alnico V pickup wound in-house at G&L, playability is enhanced with Plek fret processing making this LB-100 the best yet.

Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the LB-100 is now available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.

Attached Files:

Lowendtech and lesclaypoolsob like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    drool

3. Low Spark

Low Spark

Feb 15, 2017
    Could you post a closeup of the build sheet?

jebmd likes this.
  4. mtsens1

Sep 6, 2011
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    BS.jpg

jebmd likes this.
  5. mtsens1

Sep 6, 2011
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    Sale pending!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021