1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G & L Legacy Bass/ Price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, Nov 20, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I know of a G & L Legacy Bass for sale for around $390. Im not sure but is it the p-bass?? If so what is the going rate for one that used and in good shape.

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

anyone??

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Odie,

The Legacy became the LB-100 (after Zon let G&L know someone else was using that model name, I believe). It's a P-style bass with an alnico (I think) P-style pickup - supposed to give a more "vintage P-bass" sound than the MFD pickups used in the SB-1 and SB-2.

That seems like a decent deal to me but I'm out of touch - I haven't bought a bass in a few months. The SB-2s I've had ran from $380 to $480 with varying condition so by that measuring stick it's a decent deal but the last one was bought in the Spring and I don't know where the market is at right now.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I should have just Pm'd you!! All the misc basses especially G&L's that went thru your hands!!

Did you ever find the right bass with a neck that fit your hand/wrist well??

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hi Odie,

I think so - and, surprise, surprise it's a recent (new) L2000 with alder body and rosewood board on a #6 neck. Basically I got another L2000 like the one I traded with you but with the narrower neck. With 20-20 hindsight I now realize I should have had the neck narrowed on my original L2K but then I would have missed out on thrashing through all those other basses.