G & L Legacy Bass/ Price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, Nov 20, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I know of a G & L Legacy Bass for sale for around $390. Im not sure but is it the p-bass?? If so what is the going rate for one that used and in good shape.
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Hey Odie,

The Legacy became the LB-100 (after Zon let G&L know someone else was using that model name, I believe). It's a P-style bass with an alnico (I think) P-style pickup - supposed to give a more "vintage P-bass" sound than the MFD pickups used in the SB-1 and SB-2.

That seems like a decent deal to me but I'm out of touch - I haven't bought a bass in a few months. The SB-2s I've had ran from $380 to $480 with varying condition so by that measuring stick it's a decent deal but the last one was bought in the Spring and I don't know where the market is at right now.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I should have just Pm'd you!! All the misc basses especially G&L's that went thru your hands!!

Did you ever find the right bass with a neck that fit your hand/wrist well??
  5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Hi Odie,

I think so - and, surprise, surprise it's a recent (new) L2000 with alder body and rosewood board on a #6 neck. Basically I got another L2000 like the one I traded with you but with the narrower neck. With 20-20 hindsight I now realize I should have had the neck narrowed on my original L2K but then I would have missed out on thrashing through all those other basses.