1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L Lynx Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by acphipps, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    Up for sale is a 1988 G&L Lynx fretless bass. I would like to get $375 shipped to lower US 48 states only. It has your normal battle scars from being 21 years old. I put an EMG pickup in the bridge just to try it out and didn't end up liking it that is why there is extra space cut out at the bridge pickup. The lines on the fretless have faded some since I've had it. It comes with a hard shell case and nice leather strap. The strings that are on it are nylon tape wound. Feel free to ask any questions. I would be open to some trades either guitar or recording stuff. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    here are some more pics

Attached Files:

3. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    sweet bass man. My dad lives over in darlington right along 52. I wish id known there was another tber so close, i spent all summer there, bass-less T_T. Im heading down there in two weekends, if its around, may i try it out? Free bump for a somewhat local, haha.

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    pm'd

5. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    bump

6. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    trade for an 03 highway 1 p-bass with a little wear, American Fender S-1pickups installed, fresh flats, and the original pickups and tone circuit? we could work something out. Please pm me back either way!

Kyle

7. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    i'm a jazz man myself but a friend is looking for a p bass. what color is it and how much would you want to sell it for? i'll try and work something out for you. cheers
    rocky

8. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    bump

9. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    What kind of recording stuff? I'm not too far from you. I think I want this bass.

10. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    :bassist:

11. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    condenser mics, compressors, preamps, mac g5 duo core anything in the $400 range give or take a few $$$.

12. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    pm

13. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    more info on the bass:
    when i got it about 13 years ago it started out as a fretted neck. it needed the first 5 frets replaced. at the time i had a 5 string peavey cirrus and was really getting into jaco so i figured hey why not just get all of the frets taken out. i took it to a professional luthier (who actually helped in the design of this from stew-mac:
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Vises/Guitar_Repair_Vise.html
    he filled in the lines with wood shavings that he grinded down and made a paste out of (that is the best way that i know how to explain it). he is one of those luthiers that if something isn't quite right with a guitar that he just built he smashed it and started over instead of giving it to me, hehe. very eccentric like most luthier/repair guys are. electronically there is nothing wrong. one volume, one tone and 3 way switch. pickups sound great.
    nut width: 1 5/8
    width at bottom of neck: 2 1/2
    pickup routing dimensions: 4.5x1.5
    there is nothing wrong with the neck or truss rod. i actually did a neck adjustment on it when i pulled it out of the case the other day. i think that just about covers it. email with any other questions.

14. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    more pics

Attached Files:

15. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    and more pics

Attached Files:

16. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    here is a sound clip of the bass. i basically plugged the bass in a cheap behringer mixer i had laying around into my macbook and onto garageband. there are some clips here and there. where there are pauses that is where i changed pickups. the first clip are both pickups and then pause...neck pickup...pause...bridge pickup. there are no effects and eq is flat. i was just noodling around.

Attached Files:

17. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    you read my mind with the clip. sounds great.

18. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    bump price drop $375

19. acphipps

acphipps

Oct 23, 2005
    Florence, SC
    SOLD

20. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    congrats man. Too bad i missed it. Now close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.