SOLD G&L M2000 USA (North/Series/South coil mod) Weekend Sale $750 + Actual Shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gt96g, Feb 7, 2021.

1. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I've decided to do a further pairing down of my collection. These instruments are all fantastic, I just have vision of having less instruments and using them more often, so the following three are available for your consideration.

Only the G&L is still available, other two are sold and just listed for feedback thread purposes.

1. USA G&L M2000 with North coil/series/south coil mod on both pickups. This one's a unique find. A great example of an M2000, but I decided to have switches added for both pickups. This mod opens up the possible tone options on this bass immeasurably. 60-70's jazz, p bass, pj, musicman. It's all there. Tone woods are same as first bass, swamp ash, maple. Comes with OHSC Weight is around 8.5lbs and the nut width is 1.5"

Disclosure on M2000: Unfortunately when the switches were installed a very fine finish crack developed in that area, from the volume knob to around the second switch. It is just cosmetic, not structural in anyway. I will attempt to photograph, but again, it's very fine and barely visible and in now way affects playability or tone. Also factory knobs will be reinstalled and send with bass. $850, Buyer pays actual shipping.

2. USA G&L JB2 (SOLD). This bass has a swamp ash body, maple neck and board, and flame maple top. It's quite light as well at 8.4 lbs. It's also super clean, the bass itself is near spotless, the only thing I could find is a small chip on the top corner of the bridge pickup cover on the treble side, a very easy fix should you decide to. Also, this bass was produced prior to the company including build sheets so I do not have one. Comes with OHSC SOLD

3. USA Musicman sterling H (Sold) This one's pretty much self explanatory. A great example in an unusual color scheme and again, same tone woods as before, though I think the body is just ash, now swamp ash. OHSC included 1300.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Cool basses.

3. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Thanks.

TimBosby likes this.
  4. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    JB2 is sold!

woodyng2 likes this.
  5. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Oh man....That M2000 looks perfectly delicious!

ComeHomeShane likes this.
  6. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    It is indeed, and comes with a full complement of many flavors thanks to the mod.

7. stretch80

stretch80 Supporting Member

Can you describe what the switches do a little more clearly? Sounds cool, but I'm not sure I understand.

8. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Each switch is set up so you can choose the neck coil, both coils in series, or the bridge coil on each pickup. there are two switches so you can control this independently on each pickup. there for, you could get Jazz style tones, P style, PJ style (HB on neck, single on bridge), close to MM style (Bridge coil on neck pickup, neck coil on bridge pickup) and many other tones. I hope that helps.

armybass likes this.
  9. stretch80

stretch80 Supporting Member

Thanks, sounds like a really cool mod: the best of the M-series and the L-series in one.

10. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Yup, basically what I was going for.

ComeHomeShane likes this.
  11. Do you know the weight of the m2000 and what neck size it has?

12. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    It's in the middlish 8lb range and it has a 1.5in width nut. Jazz style.

13. gt96g

gt96g Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Philly Area
    Open to cash offers on the M2000. Nice versatile instrument and comes with OHSC.

14. ComeHomeShane

ComeHomeShane Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Southern California
    Wow. That M is awesome. You just gave me gas to give my M25k the same mods.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022