Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G & L MFD pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xJasonSmithx, Jul 6, 2003.

1. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    i really love these pickups and the electronics on the L-2000 basses, i was wondering if G & L sold these pickups seperately or if there are any pickup manufacturers who make replacements or something similar.

thanks,
    jason

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Yes, you can get them separately. Tim at Buffalo Brothers Guitars can get them (and give you current quotes on the prices) if you drop him an email.

Other G&L dealers can probably do the same thing.

3. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    i bought a used l-2000 about a year ago but the neck ended up being warped so i had to return it but i fell in love w/ the pickups.

not too long ago i saw a bassist for a band w/ a MIJ p-bass w/ a MFD pickup in the bridge and it sounded amazing. but he didn't even know it was a G & L pickup or where it came from or anything. not so sure i want to route my MIA p-bass but im really interested in building something w/ these pu's in it, maybe a jazz or something.

well anyways thanks for your help,

jason

4. Bagusbhas

Bagusbhas

May 19, 2013
    Are they good for playing metal?

5. MR PC

MR PC

Dec 1, 2007
    Very nice pickups. I tried to purchase one of the P models from G&L last year. Unavailable. Too bad, it's probably one of the most versatile and best sounding P pickups ever.

6. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Formerly "domdec314" Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio