1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L modded L-1000 F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ThumbyAche, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    **SOLD**Here is the story on this bad boy. This bass is a workhorse for sure. I'm the second owner and the bass is 80's but not sure of the exact year. This has the older "lawsuit" headstock and 3-bolt neck plate. Boo era bridge (B00). I bought this bass from a friend in like 1992 when it was still a L-1000. I took it to Luthier, Steve Spalding (Musician's Friend) when I lived in Southern Oregon and he added another G&L pickup in the bridge position and coil tapped it so it gets kind of a PJ sound, a graphite nut, Ken Smith BT preamp with active/passive push/pull pot, a small 9 volt battery route in the back and he refretted it with vintage style frets. I put a hipshot on there, had another luthier sand the original finish off the back of the neck and custom make a pickguard. The bass is about 9.75 lbs on my scale. Truss rod is in perfect working order and there is LOTS of mojo...finish checking, small dings but really none on the back of the neck. Original aqua blue finish that is pretty worn. I'm thinking $700 OBO. Thinking no trades on this one.

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    An L1000 that thinks it's an L2000! :confused:

Seriously that is a sweet looking bass...love the color and I bet it sounds killer.

3. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    That is a sharp looking bass! I had an L-1000 of the same vintage that looked just like yours. Mine had the jazz width neck though.. That bass was simply amazing... incredibly low action/fast neck, and it sounded very good. I am sure yours is just awesome with those mods =P

4. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Thanks guys! What turned out really good was the combination of the Ken Smith pre and the G&L pickups. This bass seriously growls. The neck is definitely fast.

5. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Bah, if only it was unmodded i would be handing you the keys to my wallet. been looking for one for a long time.

6. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    That bass looks sooo sick! Good luck with the sale

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Cool looking bass

8. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    bump....Genz shuttle 6.0?

9. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    :bawl: SOLD/pending payment. Thanks!

10. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    shipped and received. Glad you like the bass poman. Take care of it and let me know first if you ever let it go.. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.