1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L, MusicMan, Wal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Jun 25, 2014.

1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Strings:
    All prices include shipping in the 48 states only.

These are the only trades I'm interested in, thanks:
    -17th Street 4 string
    -Mike Lull P4 with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and P width neck
    -Aguilar SL-112 cabs (2 of them, clean)

First is an early 90’s G&L L-5000 fretless. The body is swamp ash with a nice transparent red finish that really shows off the grain. The color is more red and a little darker than the pics. The fingerboard is unlined ebony and in very good condition with very slight string wear. Really nice quartersawn maple neck with super tight grain. The bass has been played and has some dings and scrapes but nothing major. Pots could use some contact cleaner. These are great sounding basses but I have to warn you that the string spacing is tight down by the bridge. Weight is 9.5 lbs, comes in the fitted original molded hardcase.

Price is $675 $650 shipped SOLD

L5000red_zpsbc3d38c4.

Second is a brand new MusicMan Sabre Classic bass. This is a limited edition with a solid rosewood neck, the neck and fingerboard have an oil finish and the headstock has a satin poly finish. The body finish is gloss black. Weight is fairly light for these new Sabres at 9.8 lbs. Comes in the original molded MM hardcase.

Price is $1425 $1400 shipped SOLD

SabreRWblack_zpsb9d5e878.

Last is a Wal MkI bass built in 1984. I picked this up recently and it's a great bass but I don't need two of these. The body is mahogany core with bookmatched shedua top and back plates. Output jack and one pot were replaced by the former owner with parts directly from Wal. Frets were horribly worn when I got it so I had Mike Lull do a refret and Plek job on it. Truss rod works great and the tone is wonderful. Just under 10 lbs, comes in the Wal Hiscox case that has some stickers and some repairs to the latches but everything works fine. Condition is excellent except for the body finish and dings and chips around the headstock. My pics below aren't the best but they do a good job of showing the significant finish wear on the body. If you want a clean, new looking MkI this isn't the right bass for you. PM for more pics.

Price is $4450 shipped SOLD

WalMkIshedua_zps39f7956e.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. OMG... A Wal from 80s and I will be on USA next week...
    PM, please...

3. celtobass

celtobass

Feb 4, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey Brad - Sure you don't have a nice L2K in that bag? My worst nightmare became reality last week when my L2K custom was stolen from my house. Got my eye on the mojo'ed '83-it's local, so I can check it out and the price is right. Hope you've been well - it's been a long time..................Bob

4. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    Someday .... someday I will own one of those Xotic XP-1T's ..... that's a beautiful instrument and a great price too

Best of luck with the sale and I wish I had the funds bump! :)

5. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    PM sent on L5000.