Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L no blend knob!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, Jun 21, 2005.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Why doesnt G&L offer a blend knob or seperate volume controls to operate the 2 humbucker PUP's? I always wish I could lower my neck PUP a bit and keep my bridge PUP open all the way to get that J thing going. Everyone sez how versatile they are, I would say that they are great sounding basses, as for versatile, I would think this should be a standard option. Has anyone modfied the bass control so that its a blend knob?

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Hmm, interesting idea. I never really thought about that, or heard of that type of mod. The pups in the g&l's are much different sounding than jazz basses, more like a p-bass/MM hybrid on steroids IMO. I'm not sure if you can get that jazz bass tone.

However, i still think my G&L's extremely versatile, in terms available onboard tones. The only problem i have with it is major differences in volume/intensity of tones-especially series vs. parallel make it difficult to switch on the fly. But for recording thats a great feature.

3. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    If they put anymore tone shaping options on an L2000 your head might implode. Or best case scenario you'd have to tattoo a legend on your forearm.

4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Wow, I MUCH prefer a pickup selector as opposed to a traditional blend, or vol/vol setup.... different strokes I guess

5. LOL!

I may put that in my signature area!

6. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    If they put anymore tone shaping options on an L2000 your head might implode. Or best case scenario you'd have to tattoo a legend on your forearm.

Thats funny stuff :)

I had an Azola Jazzman bass with 2 Bassline MM with a blend knob, pull back the neck PUP 1/4 and Holy !#%* it sounded good! Unfortunetly that bass was stolen:( I always keep the G&L bass knob on full all the time, so I was just thinking to make it a blend or volume knob to kinda bring in that Jazz/dual PUP low mid bumb by backing off the neck PUP a little?